Adrien; Dream or Disappointment?

"Chat, please give me my phone back," Marinette mumbled, her hand outstretched. Right now, her phone was being held captive by a certain green eyed cat.

"Why? I couldn't help but notice your wallpaper of Adrien Agreste," Chat grinned.

Marinette's eyes widened as she blushed. Chat saw her wallpaper of Adrien? How embarrassing! "W-Well, so what? He's handsome," she stammered.

"Uh huh," Chat laughed. He started checking himself out as he mumbled under his breath. "But why do you like him? He's so... lame."

Marinette stood up and huffed defensively. "How dare you say that about Adrien! He is not lame!"

"Yes he is. He's also really preppy and cares way too much about what others think," Chat growled to himself.

"Maybe I like self-conscious preppy boys?" Marinette said, tilting her head. "How do you know him anyways?"

Chat's eyes widened and he laughed sheepishly. "Uh, his father and I are good friends."

"Oh really?" Marinette said suspiciously, narrowing her eyes. "Well I-" She stopped in her tracks, being careful not to reveal info about her superhero side.

Marinette cleared her throat and continued with fake surprise."I mean, REALLY? Cool!"

Chat smirked, believing that his lie was bought. "Yeah. Pretty amazing."

"You should probably get going now," Marinette said, glancing out the window. "It's getting dark."

Chat turned on his heels but before he left, he ran up to Marinette and squeezed her shoulders in desperation. His face was so close to hers that she could feel his warm breath running down her neck. It sent chills down her spine and made her want to lean a bit closer.

"Don't fall for him, Marinette," Chat said, snapping her out of it. "He's just a disappointment."

Marinette blinked a few times, wildly confused. "What?"

"Just don't," Chat whispered, staring her directly in the eyes. He let go of her and backed away slowly before racing out into the night.