One Little Cat

*This one shot takes place in the Miraculous Ladybug season 3 episode "Chat Blanc" right after he uses his power and destroys the entire city*

Chat awoke, his head pounding in pain and his body unbelievably sore. He winced, trying to open his eyes.

The sight that lay before him shattered his world. It was so cold and dismal. The Eiffel Tower, along with many other buildings, had crashed to the ground. Destruction went rampant.

"W-what have I done?" he gasped in disbelief, his icy blue eyes scanning his surroundings. Directly in front of him, Ladybug and Hawkmoth stood frozen.

Chat got to his feet and stumbled over to Ladybug. She was motionless, her face still plastered with fear.

"M'Lady?" he cried, placing his hand on her ash ridden cheek. However, the gentle movement caused the ash to fall apart and crumble to the ground.

Chat quickly retracted his hand in utter horror. He replayed the memories in his head from before he passed out. When he sent off that energy wave... it must've disintegrated her and the entire city!

He fell to his knees, his heart feeling cold and empty. He had killed the love of his life, as well as his father. He was a monster!

"No!" Chat screamed out in horror, grabbing his face. "Marinette is dead because of me!"

He bawled his eyes out incessantly, feeling hopeless. "If only I could reverse this with her Miraculous! Then everything could be okay again..."

He mumbled incoherent words to himself as he rocked back and forth on the ground. He was hysterical.

For days Chat remained like this, falling deeper and deeper into insanity. The loneliness combined with the guilt of killing his loved ones was driving him mad.

Finally, his overwhelming hunger became unbearable, so he decided to scavenge for some food. He destroyed buildings in his wake out of anger and impatience. Everything was meaningless to him now. He had nothing left.

Unfortunately, everything was decimated in the blast and he couldn't find food anywhere. So he gave up.

"Very well. Looks like I'll spend the rest of my days singing my favorite tune," Chat reasoned. He sat on the edge of a tall apartment complex and began singing.

One little cat on the roof
the one supposed to go~

"Chat Noir?"

The voice was as clear as day, and as soothing as the warm sun. He knew that voice from anywhere. It was a miracle! His love had returned!

Chat gleefully turned around and exclaimed, "My lady? I thought I had lost you!"