The End of Ladybug

Marinette packed her suitcase slowly. She sulked around her room. Today was the day she dreaded the most. She would be moving away from Paris. Her heart. Her home.

Alya was spending a lot of time with her friend lately. All of her classmates would miss her dearly. Well, except for Chloe. She was actually quite content that she'd be getting Adrien all to herself.

Ah, Adrien. The handsome green-eyed blonde boy that made her life worthwhile. He was so sweet and generous. Although he faced problems at home, he was one to not burden anyone with that pain. He shielded his pain with a smile. Marinette wished she would've asked more about it and maybe help him out, but of course, she was so starstruck around him that she could barely form a sentence. She'd miss him a lot.

Then of course, there was Chat Noir. That pun filled cat. He was such an important part of her life, she was sad to see it all go. He was her best friend and partner. He always lifted Marinette up when she was down. Both figuratively and literally.

But she was more concerned about relinquishing her role as Ladybug. She felt horrible in doing so, but it had to be done. Paris needed another Ladybug once Marinette left. She just hoped that whoever filled her shoes would not disappoint the Parisians.

What would Marinette do in her life without being Ladybug? She didn't want to know. Her life wouldn't be the same as it was before she possessed the Miraculous. The old Marinette was unlucky, clumsy, and had major self-esteem issues. Now, Marinette was none of those things (except around Adrien), all thanks to being Ladybug.

"Marinette! It's time to go honey!" her mom yelled.

"One second!" Marinette replied. She opened up her purse and Tikki slowly flew out, a sad look on her face. The kwami's eyes watered with tears.

"I'm gonna miss you, Tikki," Marinette said quietly.

"I'm gonna miss you too," Tikki whimpered. She flew up to Marinette's cheek and hugged it endearingly.

Marinette felt a tear stream down her face as she lovingly rubbed Tikki's head. "Make sure you find someone good to be Ladybug, alright?" she asked.

Tikki nodded sadly. "I promise."

"Goodbye," Marinette said, wiping a few stray tears from her eyes. "I'll never forget you, Tikki."

Marinette raised her hand up to her right ear to take off the earring.

"Goodbye," Tikki said.

Marinette took off the second earring and Tikki vanished.

The girl sighed sadly. She would've never imagined her duties as Ladybug would end so abruptly.

Marinette found the tiny box she had originally found her Miraculous in and put them back inside. She set the box on the floor, assuming whoever gave them to her will somehow retrieve them.

Marinette then grabbed her suitcase and headed downstairs. She followed her parents out the front door. Outside, a moving truck was waiting for the family. Marinette loaded her things on it when all of a sudden Sabine gasped.

"Oh dear," she said.

Marinette raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"