Adrienette Imagine

"I-I can't do this," Marinette stuttered nervously to Tikki.

"Yes you can, Marinette! Adrien is just coming over to study with you."

"Just?" Marinette replied. "How do I act? Casual? Cool? Romantic? Uh, forget that last idea-"

"Just act like yourself," Tikki interrupted. "You've acted relatively normal in front of Adrien before. I don't know why you're still so nervous."

"I know but," Marinette whispered, leaning in closer to Tikki. "It's like those cliché study dates in the movies."

Tikki giggled. "Oh, Marinette. You don't know that. You'll be fine."

"Marinette! Adrien is here!" Sabine called up to her daughter.

"Okay!" Marinette called back. She quickly grabbed her books and a pencil to join Adrien downstairs.

When she arrived downstairs, Adrien was waiting patiently for her with his book bag. He smiled warmly.

"Hey Marinette. Ready to study?" he asked.

"Yep," Marinette replied with a smile. She sat down at the table and opened up her book. Adrien sat down beside her.

"We should start with-" Marinette began, but stopped when she noticed a certain pair of eyes looking at her and Adrien. She slowly turned her head and met the curious eyes of her parents. They smiled dreamily at the teenagers.

"Uh, mom? Dad? Could you give Adrien and I a little privacy?" she asked.

Tom smiled sheepishly. "Uh, yes. Of course, honey. Let's go Sabine."

"Sure. Let us know if you kids need anything!" Sabine chimed before her and Tom left the room, glancing one last time at Adrien and Marinette as they did so.

"Sorry about them," Marinette laughed, scratching the back of her head. "They're embarrassing."

"It's fine," Adrien nodded. "I like your parents."

"That's a relief," Marinette said. She cleared her throat and began flipping through her book. "I guess we can start with section 1."

"Okay. Let's see... what is the capital of Italy?" Adrien asked, raising an eyebrow. A smirk played on his lips at the relative easiness of the question.

"Rome," Marinette replied with ease.

"Ding ding ding," Adrien said with a smile. "Your turn."

"Okay uh... what's the capital of Greece?" Marinette asked.

"Athens," Adrien laughed.

Marinette set her book down with a laugh. "Wow, it seems like we have this entire test down."

"I'd say so," Adrien chuckled. He then rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Honestly, I just wanted to spend time with you."

Marinette smiled proudly as a blush spread across her face. "Oh. That's nice."

Adrien laughed. "But I guess since we're here we'll get in some extra study time."

"Yeah."

"Okay, here's a really hard one. What's the capital of France? Take your time if you have to," Adrien told her with a playful smirk.

"Oh, well that would obviously be Hawaii," Marinette said sarcastically.

Adrien and Marinette both laughed. "Seriously, why is this a question on our test?" Adrien asked, gesturing to the paper in his hand.

"I don't know, but I'm bound someone would get it wrong. That someone being Chloe," Marinette said.

Adrien chuckled. "I hate to say it, but you're probably right."

"And just in case you didn't catch my sarcasm, I know the capital isn't Hawaii. It's Paris," Marinette winked. She had to make sure she cleared that, although she was pretty confident Adrien caught her sarcasm.

"Of course," Adrien replied with a smile.

Sabine then interrupted the conversation, holding a platter of macaroons in her hands. She smiled. "Macaroons, anyone?"

Adrien looked over at Marinette. "Break?" he asked with an excited smile on his face.

"Sure," Marinette replied, her heart fluttering. The two left the table to retrieve the macaroons. Marinette smiled happily; she was currently on cloud nine.