A Little Push

"And you got... 744 for question 13?" Marinette asked quietly, tapping her pencil nervously on the table.

Adrien sat beside her, checking his answers. He smiled. "Yep."

Marinette laughed and flipped her notebook shut. "Good. We're all done then!"

"That's a relief," Adrien chuckled. He scratched the back of his head. "I only got lost a total of 6 times."

"Hey, with a little practice, you'll have this unit down in no time," Marinette smiled reassuringly. She then shifted in her seat. "I'm r-really glad you could come over."

"So am I," Adrien nodded. "This is way better than a private tutor."

Marinette felt her cheeks heat up. "Really? Oh, I-I don't think I'm THAT good..."

"Whatever, Marinette," Adrien laughed, sending chills down her spine. He stood up, collecting his things. "My chauffeur is gonna be here any minute now to pick me up."

Marinette stood up quickly, nearly knocking her chair over. "Oh, okay."

Adrien walked over to Marinette and stopped in front of her. He glanced down at her with his emerald green eyes. A familiar, warm smile spread across his face.

Marinette felt her heart skip a beat.

"Thanks again," Adrien said.

Meanwhile, Tikki watched curiously from behind the staircase. "Come on, Adrien," she whispered to herself. "Marinette has been waiting forever for you to kiss her."

The moment seemed perfect. Adrien stood close to Marinette, his chin pointed down at her. Her lips were slightly parted.

You'll thank me later, Tikki thought with a smile.

Quickly and carefully, the kwami flew out from behind her hiding spot and approached the table where Adrien and Marinette were talking.

She flew behind Marinette's back and waited patiently.

"Sure," Marinette replied to Adrien. "U-Uh, if you want to do this again that would be fine with me," Marinette laughed awkwardly.

"Of course," Adrien smiled. His head leaned in a little closer. Now was the time to make a move as Marinette tilted her head up to look at him.

To gain momentum, Tikki buzzed away from Marinette's back before flying back into it rapidly. She slammed against Marinette's back, causing the girl to fly forward.

She yelped as the world slowed down. Marinette somehow felt herself falling forward directly into Adrien. His eyes widened as they followed her lips that were slowly approaching his.

And then they touched.

Marinette internally screamed as her heart beat rapidly. The kiss sent a wave of electricity down her spine. She wanted to step away, but couldn't bring herself to. Her eyes closed as she continued to press her lips against his.

She had waited so long for this moment. It was one out of a fairytale.

Tikki was behind the staircase smiling with joy. Finally, Marinette had kissed Adrien. With a little push of course.

As for Adrien, his cheeks were beet red. At first he was very shocked to see Marinette kissing him, but then his eyes slowly closed as he went along with it.

He concluded that day that Marinette could kiss. Boy, could she kiss. And Adrien would've kept kissing her, so long as he didn't have a strange feeling growing in the pit of his stomach.

Adrien backed away and quickly placed his hands on Marinette's shoulders to keep her from falling forward.

Her eyes opened and a blush spread across her cheeks. "I-I'm so sorry! I don't know why I did that!"

"It's okay! Don't be sorry," Adrien said with a smile, the blush on his face fading away as he relaxed. "Accidents happen."

"Right," Marinette chuckled. She awkwardly held up her hand and waved. "Bye."

Adrien slung his bag over his shoulder and waved as he exited the room. "See you tomorrow."

As soon as Adrien closed the door, Marinette fell on the couch. She sighed dejectedly into the cushion. "I kissed Adrien! But I was a complete klutz about it!"

Tikki flew out of her hiding place and floated beside Marinette. "I knew it would happen eventually!" Tikki smiled.

Marinette's head snapped up and she narrowed her eyes at the kwami. "You did this, didn't you?"

"Yes!" Tikki said excitedly. "It was about time, too."

"I don't know what to say," Marinette mumbled, laughing. "On one hand, I'm so ecstatic that I finally kissed Adrien! And on the other hand, I'm a little disappointed that my kwami had to do it for me."

Tikki giggled, flying over to Marinette and sitting on her shoulder. "No 'thank you' is necessary! It's my pleasure."

"Well, how can I put this, but... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" Marinette squealed, picking up Tikki and holding her up to her face.

"Anything for you!" Tikki smiled. "Sometimes love needs a little push!"

Marinette raised an eyebrow at Tikki and she flashed her a playful smirk. "A little push you say? I almost fell flat on my face thanks to you!"

Tikki giggled before shrugging. "Oops?"