Breakdance AU?

Marinette flashed a toothy grin to the crowd of ecstatic fans as she walked on stage. Her dance partner, Adrien Agreste, followed suit. He waved to the screaming fangirls.

"Today we're going to be performing a little number called 'Simply the Best,'" Marinette announced to the crowd. "Please enjoy."

She glanced over at Adrien who nodded. She then fixed her hat and rolled up her sleeves, awaiting the music.

It started and Marinette knew exactly what to do. She started flailing her arms around in the air. Each movement was off beat and had no rhythm. The crowd stared in horror at the terrible dancing.

Adrien was dancing flawlessly, but stopped and looked at his partner in shock when he overheard the horrified whispers coming from the crowd.

Marinette continued the strange routine of waving her arms in the air. She tried to change it up a little with a side step and a hop, but she ended up tripping over her feet.

She stumbled, but somehow managed to keep her balance before she fell. She started jumping up in the air at an attempt to pump up the crowd, and that's when she noticed that they were dead silent, staring at the dancer in utter shock.

Marinette glanced over at Adrien in confusion but he just looked at her apologetically. The music was cut and the room filled with silence, except for a few disgusted whispers from the crowd.

"Why did everyone stop?" Marinette asked sadly. "I was doing so good."

Adrien walked over to Marinette and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your dancing was... interesting to say the least."

"He's saying that you suck!" a voice yelled out from the crowd.

Adrien gasped at the statement, turning his head to the crowd. Marinette's face contorted in disbelief. "I... sucked?" she mumbled.

"Well... I wouldn't say that," Adrien said quietly, trying to explain it to Marinette as gentle as possible. "You just didn't keep the beat. That's all."

Laughter erupted from the crowd and Marinette sniffed sadly. "I thought I was doing good, too," she mumbled.

"Hey, as long as you were having fun, that's all that matters. Right?" Adrien asked softly, smiling.

The crowd gradually silenced and focused on the conversation between the two teenagers.

Marinette smiled, ignoring the numerous pairs of eyes watching her. "Yeah."

Adrien placed an arm around Marinette. She blushed profusely. "Good," he replied. The two turned around and walked off the stage, the crowd cheering behind them.