Thoughts on Adrien Agreste? PART 1

Alya pulled out her notebook and scribbled down some information about physics. Marinette sat beside her, scrolling through her phone.

Alya glanced to her right, noticing that the raven-haired girl was in another world by the look on her face.

"Girl!" Alya yelled, snapping her fingers in front of Marinette's face. "I didn't come over to your house just to watch you on your phone. We have a test tomorrow, remember?"

"S-Sorry!" Marinette said abruptly, a faint blush of red on her cheeks. She placed her phone down, a small smile pulling at the corner of her lips.

Alya raised an eyebrow in interest, immediately dropping her pencil. She leaned in closer to her friend. "Judging by the look on your face, I'd say you just saw something related to Adrien. Spill the deets."

"Well..." Marinette trailed off, smiling foolishly. She couldn't hide her excitement. She was so ecstatic, so she started squealing. "HE REPLIED TO MY STATUS!"

Alya opened her mouth in awe. "Really? What did he say?"

"I said I was really afraid for the Physics test tomorrow and he said, 'I'm sure you'll do fine' with a little smiley face! EEEP!!"

"Girl! That's awesome!" Alya laughed, shaking her friend encouragingly.

"I think I'm gonna faint," Marinette breathed, her eyes slowly fluttering closed. She flopped back on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Alya laughed amusingly.

"I wish I could tell him how I feel," Marinette sighed sadly.

Alya ceased her laughing and frowned, the atmosphere taking a big turn. She wanted to help her friend so bad. "Maybe you could- no," she thought indecisively. "Or what about... no that wouldn't work either."

Marinette covered her face with her hands and sighed loudly. "Forget it. I'm such a wreck around Adrien, there's no way I could ever tell him how I feel. I'm just a failure. I have so many, they should be recorded and documented on a TV show. There'd be like thousands of episodes."

A light bulb suddenly went off in Alya's head. She smirked as she devised a new plan. Marinette wouldn't be aware of this, but the brunette was positive it would work without her knowing! She just needed to be very careful...

"Say, why do you like Adrien so much?" Alya asked, trying to act very clueless. Her fingers curled around her phone, blindly unlocking it.

"Is that even a question?" Marinette asked defensively, peeking an eye out from behind her hands.

"I just wanna know. What's so great about him? You never actually told me you know," Alya shrugged, stealing a quick glance down at her phone so she could open the camera app.

"Well, I guess I could tell you," Marinette sighed, sitting up.

Bingo.

Alya smirked and clicked the record button, and then set her phone flat on the table. She continued meeting Marinette's gaze as she took in a deep breath.

"First of all, he's very handsome," Marinette said shyly, as if hearing herself say it out loud was embarrassing. "And a gentleman. I remember after school one day, I fell down the steps and he was there to catch me at the end of them."