Chapter 4

By Friday, Pippa is feeling a little bit better. She feels about as well as she did on the closing night of Amelie, which still isn’t an ideal situation, but good enough that she can drag herself off of the couch to go to her vocal rehearsal. 
She can’t wait to meet her new sister! Pippa can’t help but hope that she will be as much fun as Renee, but she knows that it’s unlikely. She was so lucky to have her Broadway HamFam, and no actors that she will ever work with will top it. 
Pippa throws on jeans and a sweater, eats an apple for breakfast, and then leaves her apartment, her phone and wallet in hand. She has to hurry a bit to make it to the rehearsal space in time, but she does it. 
Almost immediately, she walks over to Jazzy. 
“Pip! How are you feeling?” 
“Better. I’m not great yet, but it’s better,” she says. She has to cough into her elbow after saying this. 
“You do look better,” Jazzy assures Pippa. 
“Is Lana here yet?”
“Not yet,” Jasmine says. 
“I’m a little bit nervous to meet her,” Pippa admits. 
“Me too, but I’m sure it will be fine,” Jasmine says. They sit down next to each other at the big table in the center of the room, and are so wrapped up in their talking that the girls don’t even notice everyone else coming in. Before they know it, Lin silences everyone, saying that the rehearsal is starting. 
“So, Alex Lacamoire, our wonderful music director, should be here any minute now, but until then, not all of you know each other. Let’s go around the table and say our names and roles, and one fun fact about ourselves. I’ll start. I’m Lin, I’m playing Alexander Hamilton, and I used to be a high school English teacher.”
He looks at Daveed, who is sitting next to him. 
“Oh! I’m Daveed, I’m playing Lafayette and Jefferson, and… oh gosh… when I was in college, I was on the track team.”
“I’m Anthony, I’m playing Laurens and Phillip, and I have a crush on Jasmine Cephas Jones.”
Jazzy blushes, and the rest of the table laughs. 
“You just said that because I was the first thing you saw,” she accuses. 
“You’re right,” Anthony says, and they both laugh. 
Jazzy is up next. 
“I’m Jasmine, I’m playing Peggy and Maria, and I’m a huge Beyonce fan,” she tells the group. 
“Trust me, we know,” Lin says. All of the original cast members laugh, remembering that night that Bey came to see them perform. 
Pippa is up next. She takes a deep breath, and begins to speak. 
Her voice comes out nasally.
“I’m Phillipa, I’m playing Eliza, and I took dance classes when I was little.” 
After she is finished speaking, and then coughing, and then assuring Lin that she is, indeed, okay, Pippa looks to the other side of her, and sees a woman that is unfamiliar to her. 
“I’m Lana, and I’m playing Angelica Schuyler. Um, a fun fact about me? I play the flute,” Lana announces. 
“So that’s Lana,” Jasmine whispers in Pippa’s ear. 
“She seems nice,” Pippa remarks. 
Jazzy nods in agreement. 
They go around the rest of the table. The OBC members can’t wait to get to know Lana, Elijah, who is playing King George, and a few new ensemble members. The new cast members can’t wait to get to know the OBC members. Everyone seems very excited to get started on the tour. 
Alex comes in just as Oak is finishing his introduction. He is the last person to go. 
“Sorry that I’m late. I had to teach music to a standby for Dear Evan Hansen,” Alex says. 
“No problem! We were just getting to know each other,” Lin says. “Is everyone ready to start practicing now?”
Lin’s question is answered with an enthusiastic “yes!” from all of the company. 
“Great! Can we just dive right in from ‘Alexander Hamilton?’” Lin suggests to Alex, who, instead of responding, just sits down at the piano and starts to play. 
That’s when we realize that we don’t yet have a Burr. 
Everyone starts to laugh. 
“Jasmine, be Aaron Burr for today, would you?” Lin asks, after scanning the room and his eyes have landed on the girl. 
“What? Lin, you’ve lost it! You need someone who can actually hit the low notes to do it!” Jazzy reminds Lin, but can’t help but laugh at the notion of her playing Aaron Burr. 
“Well, that’s true,” Lin admits. “Thayne, can you do it?”
“Sure,” Thayne replies. 
“Good. Let’s take that again, from the top,” Lin says. 
Alex plays the opening riff again, and the company dives into the music, thus beginning their first tour rehearsal.

~~~~
A/N
Well. This isn't an author's note because abbydancesx wrote this chapter, but we want to thank you for 200 views!

Also! Save me from science projects!
-darkdisrepair