Chapter 124

Pippa is lonely and bored. It's never a good combination, which she knows already, but as she sits in her hotel room in Australia, she can't help but wonder why she's here. Not here, as in Australia, in Hamilton, or even on this world. She's not that philosophical. She is wondering why she is sitting in her room, alone, while everyone else is out.

Jazzy and Anthony are on a date, some of the ensemble girls are being tourists, and Lana, Jessa, Kaitlyn, and Brett went to see a movie, though sadly, it wasn't a double date. It was only that all four of them really wanted to see some superhero movie that was just released, and were interested in how an Aussie movie theater may have been different than an American one.

Pippa contemplated what to do for a few minutes, before deciding to settle on FaceTiming Steven, and hoping that he picks up.

Thankfully, he does.

"Pippa, sweetie!" he exclaims. "I wasn't expecting you to call me!"

"I was lonely," she admits. "Everyone else is out doing fun stuff without me."

"Pippa, honey, I'm sure you could've joined them," he says.

"I know, but I didn't want to intrude on any of them."

"You're too much of a cinnamon roll," Steven laughs.

"Thank you?" Pippa replies, assuming that it is a compliment.

Steven laughs. "You're more than welcome."

They share a moment of silence, Pippa staring at Steven through the screen, and wishing he was somehow here, and Steven doing the same to Pippa.

"So, how's the tour going?" Steven eventually asks, breaking the silence.

"Pretty good, I guess," Pippa replies. She has nothing to complain about, but nothing extraordinary has happened either.

"I saw your Instagram post. It looks like you and Jas had fun at the beach."

"Yeah, we did."

"Where's she?" Steven asks.

"On a date with Anthony."

"I wish that I could be there to take you on a date," Steven tells her.

Pippa bites her lip. She misses him so much. All that she wants is for Steven to be holding her in his strong arms.

Pippa, she scolds herself. Don't get like this. The last time you were like this, it ended horribly.

The fear is still there, though it's lessening every day. The fear is still there, and she hates that about herself.

"Hey Pippa? You're going to hate me, but I have to go," Steven says. "I hope that you have a wonderful night, though, alright? Will you learn me a new song to play on piano?"

"I guess so," Pippa sighs. "I miss you, Steve."

"I miss you too, my love. Don't worry, we will be together again soon."

"Okay," Pippa replies. "Love you."

"Love you too. Bye Pips."

"Bye," she replies. At that, the two break their connection by pressing the red button at the bottom of the screen. The red button that has become Pippa's enemy. What makes her have to leave Steven.

For a few hours, Pippa occupies herself by learning how to play "On My Own" from Les Mis on her keyboard. How ironic. It's not a coincidence that she chose that song, though. She knows what it means, and right now, really relates to it.