Chapter 12

"Hey, girls, come here for a second," Kaitlyn says to Pippa and Jazzy after they are dismissed from rehearsal.
"What's up?" Jazzy asks.
"I was thinking about what you said today. I think you're right. We really haven't been that great of a sister to Lana. I think that we should maybe do something tonight. Just the four of us," Kaitlyn tells the girls.
"Maybe," Pippa admits.
"That's a good idea," Jazzy agrees. "What did you have in mind?"
"I don't know," Kaitlyn admits. "I was hoping you would have some ideas."
"Oh gosh. Well, we are going to need food," Pippa says. "We could go for dinner somewhere."
"How about heading over to Powell's too?" Jazzy suggests. She had heard about the huge bookstore and had been hoping to stop in at some point anyway.
"That sounds great! I'll go talk to her. And whatever you guys do, don't bring up rehearsals. Try to avoid the topic of Hamilton in general," Kaitlyn says. Jazzy and Pippa agree.
While they're waiting for Kaitlyn and Lana to come back, Jazzy and Pippa text Renee in a group chat between the three of them.
Pippa: We miss you so much!
Jazzy: Yeah, we are having a lot of trouble with our new 'sister.' She can't get her blocking down and keeps running into people!
Renee: Oh no! Keep going, loves. She'll get it eventually.
Pippa: And hopefully that eventually will come before tech.
Renee: Haha! I miss tech week! I really wish I was there!
Jazzy: Any time you say the word, I'm sure Lin will have you back!
Renee: You girls know that I can't! Now I've gotta go put Benjamin to bed! Talk to you later!
Pippa: Bye Renee!
Jazzy: Bye bye!
Renee: Bye!

When they look up from their phones, they see Kaitlyn and Lana coming back.
"We are ready whenever you are," Kaitlyn says.
Pippa and Jazzy stand up and walk out of the theater with Kaitlyn and Lana.
"Where are we going to eat? I'm starving," Lana says.
"I saw a little pub downtown that looked pretty good," Jazzy suggests.
"Sounds good to me," Kaitlyn says.
Pippa and Lana nod in agreement, so the girls hop on the bus, which conveniently has a stop right outside of the theater.
Once they're seated at the restaurant, Lana starts to go off.
"Honestly, can you believe Alex today at rehearsal? I can't believe that he would consider even threatening to put Araella in for me, especially on opening night, for God's sake! I'm so much better than her in the part, and he knows it! If I wasn't, then she would've gotten cast as Angelica, and not me!"
Pippa just about loses it at this comment. She really wants to point out that Araella actually knows her blocking, but is stopped when Jazzy kicks her leg under the table as a signal to keep quiet.
"I think it was an empty threat," Kaitlyn lies, exchanging glances with Pippa and Jazzy. "But maybe you should step up your game just in case."
"I'm not even doing anything wrong! He just doesn't like me because I'm not Renee. Everyone wants Renee. I'm not stupid. I know how this works."
Pippa can't help but roll her eyes at this. From being in theatre for so long, she has learned that sometimes, the theatre kind of drama and the life kind of drama go hand in hand. It's the only downfall of the business.
Pippa feels her phone vibrate in her pocket.
Jazzy: Drama drama. The best kind. Ugh!
Pippa replies with a laughing emoji, then looks up and makes eye contact with Jazzy. Both of them have to bite their lips to keep from laughing as Kaitlyn is still trying to console Lana, who is freaking out over rehearsal today. Finally, Jazzy can't take it any longer.
"Okay, let's talk about anything else!" she says, and the girls all laugh. "Pippa, are you still single?"
Pippa rolls her eyes.
"I think you know the answer to that."
"Okay, fair enough. What about you Kaitlyn. Are you into anyone?"
Kaitlyn blushes.
"Oooo! Spill it!" Pippa squeals, and her friend laughs.
"I mean, I guess I kinda like Brett. Maybe. I mean, I don't know..." Kaitlyn stammers, blushing.
"Oh my gosh, you've got it bad!" Jazzy squeals. "You two would be so cute together!"
"Do you really think so?" Kaitlyn asks, blushing.
"Oh, totally!" Pippa agrees.
"What about you, Lana? Any special guys?" Jazzy asks.
"What? Oh my gosh, I have a boyfriend." Lana says, offended.
"Oh! That's cool," Jazzy murmurs, taken aback at Lana's harsh tone.
An awkward silence falls over the table.
Thank goodness their food comes quickly after.
"Oh my gosh, this is really good!" Kaitlyn says after taking a bite of her sandwich.
"My soup is too!" Pippa agrees.
They all devour their food very quickly, since it is so good, and then head out to the town, where they spend the rest of the night exploring the streets. Pippa keeps trying to give the homeless people money, but Jazzy keeps yelling at her because it's clear that they're all on drugs.
"This is why the internet calls her a cinnamon roll," Jazzy tells Kaitlyn and Lana, who laugh.
When they all get back to the hotel, they're all sufficiently giggled out and have had a fantastic time exploring the city.

----------------------------------

oh hey everyone!! it is I, abbydancesx and yes!! I am alive!!!
I've pretty much been letting darkdisrepair take care of the technical stuff on here, haha. I am so glad that you all are enjoying this book! we have both been working really hard on it for you all! 
xx