Chapter 46

It was a surprisingly nice day, considering that it was October. The temperature was in the high 60s. Pippa and Jazzy couldn't believe it, because they knew that the Pennsylvania region was the part of the country where you plan your Halloween costume so that you can wear a winter coat with it.

"Well, we are going to be hot," Pippa remarks, stepping into her unicorn onesie.

"I already am hot," Jazzy replies, stepping into her matching outfit.

"I mean, Anthony thinks so," Pippa snickers.

"Shut up Pippa," Jazzy says, blushing. "Do you think we should get different costumes?"

"Do you have anything just lying around?" Pippa asks, skeptically.

"I mean, no, but we can run out to a store before we go to the park," Jazzy suggests. "I think there's a Walmart around here somewhere."

"Maybe we should," Pippa says. The two girls hop into Jazzy's rental car and drive to Walmart, where they quickly pick out their new costumes. Pippa chooses a "groovy" 70s outfit, and Jazzy chooses a Dorothy dress, from The Wizard of Oz.

Once they get back to the hotel, they quickly change into their new costumes, and head down to the lobby to meet up with the others. They find Lin, Oak, and Daveed dressed as newsies, and some of the ensemble girls dressed as hippies. Everyone else slowly trickles down to the lobby. Kaitlyn and Brett are dressed as Minnie and Mickey mouse.

"Okay, you two are officially my life goals," Pippa tells Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn laughs. "You're so sweet Pippa."

"What happened to being totally content with being single?" Jazzy pokes at Pippa.

"I mean, I am, but..." Pippa blushes.

"I knew it!" Jazzy squeals. "You have a crush, don't you? Tell me who it is! Right now!"

"Can we... can we discuss this later?" Pippa asks, quietly. Her face is bright red now, and Jazzy can't help but notice that she seems to be on the brink of tears.

"Yeah," Jazzy says, softly. Pippa looks relieved. A normal color returns to her face quickly, and she becomes bubbly again.

"That was weird," Jazzy thinks to herself. She remembers all of those times when she has asked Pippa about guys, and she's just brushed it aside. Pippa hasn't had a boyfriend since college, but that's about all that Jazzy knows. She can't help but wonder if there is anything that she doesn't know about her friend.

"Pippa?"

"Yeah?"

"You know that you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah. Thanks Jas," Pippa smiles.

"Everybody onto the bus!" Lin calls, interrupting their moment. They both laugh and follow the rest of their cast onto the bus.

"Kait, will you ride the roller coasters with us?" Jazzy asks.

"No way," she remarks. "I'm terrified of those things."

"Come on Kait! I'll do it with you!" Brett offers.

"Yeah, come on! Pippa, Lana and I are doing it!" Jazzy pressures.

"I'll ride one with you," Kaitlyn groans.

"Yay!" Pippa cheers.

"BUT not the Sooper Dooper Looper!"

"Fair enough," Pippa says.

"Phillipa Soo, are you really going to-"

"Of course I am," Pippa smirks. "We can ride Fahrenheit, or the Sidewinder, or any of those other ones."

"You're so mean," Jazzy laughs.

"I know you love me, Jas," Pippa replies.

"You're right, I do," Jazzy admits.

Soon, the bus pulls up to the park. Lin hands out everyone's tickets and they get into their friend groups to head into the park.

Jazzy, Pippa, Lana, Kaitlyn, Brett, Anthony, Lin, and Beckett, who plays Aaron Burr, decide to do the Reese's Cup Challenge first.

"Boys versus girls!" Jazzy squeals, once they are boarding into their cars. It is perfect because there is four of each of them, and four to a car. The girls are chocolate and the boys are peanut butter. Soon, the ride starts.

"It's on, Ramos!" Jazzy screams, as they lurch into the darkness. She begins to push buttons on her gun, not even completely aware of what's going on.

"Jazzy, you have to point at the targets," Pippa says, in a tone of voice that's normally reserved for when she's talking to five-year-olds.

"Whatever," Jazzy groans.

"Come on, you two! We are falling behind!" Lana calls, harshly.

"Oops, sorry," Pippa laughs, and begins shooting at the targets.

"Not on my watch!" Lin screams, as he notices the girls' score climb up and pass the boys'. He starts to shoot at all of the targets.

"No!" Kaitlyn shrieks, laughing.

Their scores are chasing each other the rest of the ride, but the girls end up winning.

"We did it!" Pippa squeals, giving her team mates a high-five.

"We demand a rematch!" Anthony laughs.

"I think we are good," Jazzy sasses, kissing his cheek.

"Alright. I'll get you next time, Cephas."

"Whatever you say, babe."

"Can we ride the Cocoa Cruiser?" Pippa asks, excitedly.

"Ugh, fine," Jazzy replies, with a smile. They walk to the roller coaster and even Kaitlyn boards it, with little protest. It is made for three-year-olds.

Pippa can't help but notice, however, that Kaitlyn is holding onto the bar for dear life, while everyone else has their hands in the air.

"Hey Kait, if you put your hands up, I'll buy you a chocolate bar," Pippa whispers to her friend.

That is enough to get Kaitlyn to throw her hands into the air. She starts to laugh.

"That was fun," she admits to the others, once they get off. "Now, about that chocolate bar..."

~~~~~~~

Happy Star Wars day!