Chapter 157

Jazzy and Anthony were lying on the floor of Anthony's room, each with a notebook in front of them.

"So," Jazzy said. "We need to talk..."

"We do," Anthony agreed, his pencil hovering over the paper in front of him. "This is the worst problem we've ever had in our relationship."

"You're right. I won't rest until we've solved this issue."

"Good, neither will I," Anthony said.

"Alright, now that we've got that settled, Anthony, we really need vanilla cake," Jazzy said. "Please? It's my favorite."

"Well, carrot cake is mine, so looks like we'll be here awhile."

"Carrot cake is nasty," Jazzy whined. "And you can't even compromise with carrot cake. It doesn't go with anything. Plus, cream cheese frosting is gross. At least if you picked chocolate or something we could actually do a marbled cake."

"But ever since I was five, I wanted carrot cake for my wedding, Jazzy. Are you really going to mess with my childhood dream?" Anthony demanded.

"I'm not eating carrot cake for a wedding!"

"Jazzy, please? Carrot cake. Come on, you know you love it."

"No, I don't," Jazzy said, rolling her eyes. "How about this? We'll have carrot cake cupcakes, but the actual fancy cake will be a different flavor. Like marbled cake, or vanilla, or chocolate."

Anthony flopped down on the floor and stared up at the ceiling. "Fine," he said, pouting teasingly. "I guess that I'll be satisfied with that."

"Good. See, that wasn't so hard. What do you want the actual cake to be?"

"Marbled. It's prettier that way," Anthony said.

"Okay, cool. Obviously you're not going to know what my dress looks like, or anything like that. We still need to figure out a lot of stuff. Like music for the wedding."

"I will cry if Renee sings 'Satisfied' as her maid of honor speech," Anthony commented, wistfully staring off into the distance. "Just think about it..."

Jazzy smacked Anthony's arm. "We are not going to reenact Eliza Hamilton's wedding, Anthony," she scolded. "We're going to be serious."

"You really want to be serious?" Anthony snorted. "We're never serious, come on. You brought goldfish to Carleigh's fancy birthday party a few years ago. At a fancy restaurant."

"Well, goldfish go well in any soup," Jazzy defended. "Plus Carleigh likes goldfish. I killed two birds with one stone."

"If Renee won't sing 'Satisfied', I still want some cool music. Not necessarily for the speeches or anything, but we're going to dance, obviously," Anthony said.

"I was thinking the same thing. Well, we have a lot of talented friends. I'm sure if we just asked them to bring a song to the wedding to share we'd have that covered."

"That would actually be really cool," Anthony commented. "I know they'll pick songs that are important. It'll make it even more meaningful."

~~~~~~~~~~~

After completing some more wedding planning, they had to head to more rehearsals. Thankfully, this time, Daveed didn't make anyone switch tracks. Jazzy silently rejoiced when Daveed didn't mention anything horrendous for the rehearsal. For once.

Jazzy had to admit, she was ready for a change from the constant activity of the tour. She just wanted to settle down, get married, and have a steady job. She loved everyone in the tour to death, but sometimes, alone time was nice, too.

They mainly rehearsed act one. Daveed decided to have a mostly understudy rehearsal day. Jazzy was relieved. It was always nice to have understudy rehearsal days- partially because that meant she didn't have to do as much, and also because it made her more comfortable when the ensemblists stepped in for shows.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, today is April 1, which means we have a birthday today," Daveed announced after the cast finished a run-through with Kaitlyn as Peggy/Maria and Lana and Pippa as their usual Schuyler Sisters. "Happy birthday to the one and only, Miss Araella Marquis."

Jazzy almost screamed at that announcement.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" everyone chorused.

They all sang the happy birthday song (conducted by Lac, of course) and then they had a session of gifts and cake.

"Did you know it was Araella's birthday?" Jazzy whispered to Anthony.

"Yeah, of course I did," Anthony whispered back. "Why?"

"Did you get her a gift?"

"You forgot, didn't you," Anthony said, smirking. "I'm not surprised. Don't worry, I got her something for both of us."

"Thank god," Jazzy said, flopping onto the stage. "I was worried for a bit. She never mentioned it to me, I don't think."

"I just heard it from Jessa, who was the one who bought the cake," Anthony reassured her.

After Araella had unwrapped her gifts and taken pictures with almost all of the cast members, they continued rehearsing. Jazzy groaned. She was hoping that Daveed wouldn't make them keep rehearsing if it was someone's birthday. She was wrong.

It wasn't too bad, though, because they only ran 'Satisfied' with Araella as Angelica, 'That Would Be Enough' with Carleigh and Wes, and then 'Story of Tonight' with the guy ensemblists.

Overall, Jazzy had to do practically nothing.

It had been a good day.