Chapter 186

Before anybody is ready, they all find themselves at the airport with tears in their eyes. Even Steven finds himself teary as he watches the Schuyler Sisters give each other their final hugs.

"I can't believe it's over," Jazzy sniffs.

"But you're moving onto bigger and better things," Lana says, rubbing Jazzy's arm, and trying to maintain her cool. "You're getting married. You both are."

"But you get to stay here. We'll be replaced just like that. Addy and Savannah are great," Pippa sighs. "You have a whole other cast to work with, but this is our last time."

"Don't ever say that you'll get replaced. That's like saying that I replaced Renee. You two were my first Schuyler Sisters. You'll never be replaced."

The three join hands. "Sisters forever," Lana says, with a tear dripping down her cheek.

"Forever," Jazzy and Pippa say in unison.

"Good luck with The Sound of Music, Pips," Jazzy tells her sister, squeezing her hand. "You're going to be incredible."

"Thanks," she smiles. "My rehearsals start so soon... I don't know if I'm mentally prepared."

"You're going to rock it. The amount of times I heard you running around Salzburg singing those songs... you've been prepared your entire life," Lana assures Pippa.

Jazzy nods in agreement, as Pippa gives a small giggle.

"Listen, guys... I have to tell you something. At the beginning of this tour, you all tolerated a whole lot of... well, absolute crap on my part, and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. Also, thank you. I don't know how you did it, but you managed to not only put up with it for so long, but forgive me for it, and become my friend. I think that's the absolute nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I know that there's no excuse for the way that I acted, but I was going through a hard time. It was when I was coming out of a relationship with James, and starting to realize my feelings for Jessa... and all of that, on top of dealing with my dad's situation... it was just hard for me, and I took it out on you. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry."

Pippa shakes her head. "You don't have to apologize, Lana. As soon as we realized what was going on in your life that we didn't see on the outside, we knew that we had to try to look beyond that. And when we did, we saw somebody who is one of the most amazing, strong women that I know."

Lana smiles sadly. "You guys are the best. I'm going to miss you so much."

"We will get a Schuyler Sister reunion at my wedding," Jazzy says, to reassure herself, mostly. "This isn't goodbye."

"This is 'see you later,'" Lana nods.

Pippa feels a tap on her shoulder. She whips her head around to see Steven there.

"Our flight starts boarding in fifteen minutes."

"Okay," she sighs. The three girls share a hug, and then, Pippa kisses each of her sisters on the cheek. Through her tears: "I'll see you later."

At that, she grabs Steven's hand, and the two walk off.

"And then there were two," Lana sighs.

"Actually..." Jazzy begins, "I have to go too. Anthony and I's plane boards in half an hour."

"Oh."

"Thank you so much for being my Schuyler Sister, Lana."

"And thank you for being mine," Lana replies. They share another hug, and then, as both of them allow the tears to freely stream down their faces, Jazzy walks over to Anthony, who has already finished saying his goodbyes.

"Ready to go?" he asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she replies. She grabs her backpack, and the two of them walk toward their gate.

"Has it hit you yet that we are probably never going to be in Hamilton again?"

"So hard," Jazzy tells Anthony, with only more tears coming.

"It's just a realization that I sort of had last night... this is like, the end of an era... you know?"

"Stop it, Anthony," Jazzy sobs.

"Sorry. I'm making it worse, I know."

"This tour was one of the best experiences of my life. Thank you so much for doing it with me."

"Of course," Anthony replies. "I wouldn't have had it any other way. I'm so glad that Lin agreed to put this thing together in the first place. We have gained a family from this. We got engaged on tour. These people are going to be in our lives forever. We are going to go to their weddings, baby showers, kids' birthday parties, and they'll be there for us, as we walk down the aisle and say 'I do.'"

"I can't wait for that day," Jazzy replies.

"It won't be long now..."

"Did you just... did you just quote In the Heights?"

"What can I say? That's a show about the true meaning of the word 'home.' And a home is something that we have found on this tour."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

guys it's been SUCH A LONG TIME JEEZ how are you? are you alive? how's life?