Chapter 119

During the show, no one is focused. Especially Anthony. Pippa could tell that he was worried about Jazzy. As a result, everyone made stupid mistakes.

Pippa almost forgot the words in 'Alexander Hamilton', and Anthony messed up 'The Story of Tonight'. The entire first act was awful from a cast standpoint, but Pippa guessed that most audience members wouldn't have noticed.

Jessa, who was thrown in last-minute for Peggy/Maria, did a spectacular job, but it wasn't the same. It was even worse when Pippa remembered that she didn't know where her friend was.

The show seemed to drag on for forever.

As soon as the cast took their final bow, Anthony rushed to check his phone.

"Anything?" Pippa asked breathlessly.

"Nothing. I'm going to go out and look for her," Anthony said. "She could have gotten hurt or something. I want to know that she's safe and okay."

"I'll come with you," Pippa said instantly.

"Where are you going?" Lana asked, walking up to them. She'd already changed out of her Angelica costume.

"We're going to look for Jazzy. She hasn't answered any of our texts and I'm worried," Anthony said.

"We can go out in groups," Lana offered. "It would be a lot quicker, and we'll all have our phones."

"You'd do that?"

"Of course. That's what friends are for. I'll get Araella and some of the other girls," Lana said. "We'll just walk around and ask people if they've seen her."

"Thank you," Anthony said. "It means a lot."

"I'll talk to the guys and see if they'll go out to look, too," Pippa said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours later, they were still looking. It was two in the morning, and everyone was getting exhausted. Pippa was walking around near the theatre with Anthony; Lana, Araella, and Jessa had taken the subway to look farther away; the guys were walking by the river.

Pippa checked her phone. Anthony's had died two hours previously.

"Anything?" Anthony asked anxiously.

"Nothing yet," Pippa said. "We'll find her, I promise."

They walked for another half-hour. The group chat was filled with updates- some of the ensemblists had gone back to the hotel.

Jessa: guys, it's all okay, we found jazzy

"They found Jazzy!" Pippa exclaimed, looking up from her phone. Anthony's eyes widened. He snatched the phone out of Pippa's hand.

Pippa: WHERE IS SHE? ~ANTHONY

Jessa: she was out walking, got lost, her phone died, she decided to walk around trying to find someone to let her call us but she doesn't speak russian, and also, she tried calling you but it was after your phone died, and she doesn't have anyone else's number memorized

Pippa: is she okay!?!? ~anthony

Jessa: she's fine, she's cold, but we all are. we're heading back now. see you all in a few minutes.

Pippa breathed a sigh of relief. Anthony wrapped Pippa in a bear hug.

"It's alright, she's safe," Pippa reassured him.

"Thank god," Anthony breathed.

"Let's head back," Pippa said.

~~~~~~~~~

When they stepped into the hotel lobby, none of the other groups were back yet. The guys came back first from walking by the river. Then, Lana, Araella, and Jessa stepped inside the door with Jazzy.

Anthony rushed to hug Jazzy.

"Thank god you're safe," he said. "Where were you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Anthony," Jazzy told him gently. "I just got lost, and turns out, it's a lot harder to contact people when you don't have numbers memorized. Plus, Russian is complicated."

"Why didn't you call the police?"

"I thought I could handle it by myself, honestly. I guess I can't," Jazzy said.

"Next time, charge your phone, and memorize everyone else's phone number."

"I will. I'm sorry I made you all so worried," Jazzy apologized. "I hope it didn't mess up the show or anything."

"No, it was fine, everyone was just thinking about you," Kaitlyn interrupted. "We're just glad you weren't kidnapped or something."

"No, just lost," Jazzy laughed. "I feel bad that you all had to walk around so much. Araella said you've been looking for hours."

"And we would have kept looking until we found you," Anthony said immediately.

"Agreed," Pippa added.

"Aww, you guys," Jazzy said. "You're so sweet."

"Well, I'm going to sleep," Daveed announced. "Have a good four hours of sleep before rehearsal tomorrow."

"DAVEED!" they all chorused in unison.

"Just kidding, you can all sleep in. We're not rehearsing tomorrow. Trust me, I've learned my lesson about that. We all know how badly 'Yorktown' would go if everyone had four hours of sleep."

"Good," Pippa said. "You've learned well, my young apprentice."

"I'm older than you, shut it, Pippa," Daveed said, shoving Pippa's shoulder. "You're like a baby to me."

"Age is relative," Pippa retorted.

"Well, you both just decreased in maturity within these two minutes, so I guess age is relative," Lana quipped.

"No need to rub salt in their burns, I'm pretty sure they sting enough, Lana," Jessa said, laughing.

"Before this escalates any further, I'm going to bed," Carleigh said, rolling her eyes.

"'Best of wives and best of women,'" Brett sang under his breath.

"Shut up, Brett, or Kaitlyn will murder you in your sleep," Carleigh called over her shoulder.

"'I hope that you burn,'" Kaitlyn added, sneaking up behind Brett and hissing in his ear.

"Y'all need sleep," Oak muttered.

"You know it's getting serious when someone pulls out a 'y'all.'" Daniel commented.

"Ooooh, newbie for the win!" someone exclaimed.

"Alright, let's all stop and go to bed," Pippa laughed. "Good night."

"Good night, Pipster," Oak said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW WHOOPS I FORGOT ABOUT YOU GUYS, what bad parenting

how's the holidays? everything good? i hope you're safe, happy, and with people you love (family, friends, dogs, etc). if you're not in a safe place, i really hope you get there somehow and our messages are always open ;)

I AM SO MAD I DON'T HAVE A DAY OFF TOMORROW AND MY FREAKIN HISTORY TEACHER IS MAKING US TAKE A TEST

also abby's audition results come out tomorrow, wish her luck!

we'll see if more updates happen before christmas break, i'm going to family maybe it'll happen maybe not! 

if not, happy holidays!

love y'all

~anna (and abby too i'm sure)