Chapter 159

A few days later, when the cast arrived at the hotel in Orlando, there was a small white postal box sitting on Jessa's dresser when she walked into the room. The address was written in neat penmanship, spelled correctly. This made Jessa suspicious. 'TO THE CARE OF JESSAMINE BRADLEY AND LANA CARNELL, ROOM 301, DISNEY'S ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT, ORLANDO, FL'.

She had somehow ended up with Lana as her roommate- which was kind of awkward, but for now, it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

The first thing she saw when she opened it was a letter, with 'Jessamine Bradley/Lana Carnell' written in elegant handwriting on the front of the envelope.

Jessa and Lana,

This may seem overly covert and excessive. As you know, Pippa and I have been together for several months now. I know we don't know each other extremely well but I have a slight problem. I will be visiting Pippa for the duration of your Orlando stop and we're rooming together.

Because of this, I need people to keep track of something extremely important for me so that she doesn't find it somehow.

I don't care how you decide to keep this hidden, but I figured trusting it to girls that wouldn't necessarily be under Pippa's scrutiny would be a good idea.

Please return this to me on the date of your 'Yorktown' performance. Take good care of it. You can look at it, but I trust you'll know what it is when you look into the box.

Yours,

Steven Pasquale

"Hey, Lana, read this," Jessa said, holding the letter out to Lana. Lana rolled off her bed and skimmed the letter.

"I think I know what this is," Lana breathed.

"Me, too," Jessa agreed.

She parted the tissue paper. Inside was a small black ring box.

"I was right," Lana said. "What are we supposed to do with this?!"

"Hide it?" Jessa suggested.

"Probably, I don't know," Lana said, shrugging. "Now I won't ever be able to look at Pippa without squealing. How does he expect us to keep this a secret for that long?!"

"Oh, Lana," Jessa laughed. "We'll be fine. It's only like a week and a half away. Here, we can put it in my beanie. It'll stay in my drawer and it will be fine."

"I'm never going to be able to do this," Lana groaned, flopping onto the carpet. "Couldn't he have picked Carleigh?! Or Jazzy?"

"You know Pippa would be able to tell about Jazzy," Jessa reminded.

"Ugh."

Jessa picked up the ring box like it was a bomb and quickly stuffed it into her drawer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pippa slumped in one of the chairs in the lobby, bored out of her mind. She had no one to talk to. Jazzy wasn't speaking to her, and Steven wasn't getting to Orlando until tomorrow.

She saw the ensemble girls walk by, presumably heading to Starbucks or something.

"Pippa?" a voice asked.

Pippa looked up from where she'd been fidgeting with a thread on her shirt. It was Jazzy.

"Hey," Pippa said, straightening a little.

"I can't stand not talking to you," Jazzy admitted, sitting down next to Pippa. "It's weird and lonely and I hate being mad at each other. I overreacted, and I'm sorry. You're right, I don't think sometimes. I know it's something that people don't like about me and I've been trying. You have a right to be mad."

"It was partially my fault, too," Pippa said, taking Jazzy's hand. "We both kind of lost it, and let's agree that it was for something really stupid."

"Yeah, it was," Jazzy said. "So can we not fight anymore, and go to Disney?"

"Definitely, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a little discussion, Jazzy and Pippa decided that they would take the bus to visit EPCOT. They only had a few hours before the usual cast dinner, so they just wanted to walk around, without waiting in lines.

Pippa never really realized how weird it was to not talk to Jazzy, but now that they had made up, she knew how much she'd missed Jazzy when they fought. It wasn't the same.

They walked through Japan and Jazzy decided she needed sushi, so they stopped and ate sushi. It was fun, even though they weren't really doing anything productive whatsoever.

Somehow, they passed Carleigh velociraptoring her way around Canada with Jessa and Lana in tow. When they saw Pippa, Jessa and Lana both dragged a confused Carleigh across the street and into one of the shops.

"That's weird," Pippa commented.

"They're always weird," Jazzy reminded Pippa. "But it's nice to see Jessa and Lana hanging out together. I smell some romance cooking."

"You're obsessed."

"What can I say, I appreciate a good ship, and right now, Jessa and Lana's is the newest and the shiniest, but it also has the biggest chance of sinking, so I need to fix it," Jazzy said, laughing. "They're like a yacht that was poorly built."

"Then what does the Janthony ship look like?"

"A canoe," Jazzy deadpanned.

Pippa snorted. "You're so weird, Jazzy."

"You know it. That's why you love me."

"That's probably true, Jaz," Pippa admitted. Then she snatched Jazzy's 'And Peggy' hat off her head and speed-walked down the street with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys! sorry for the lack of updates, i was without wifi and also i'm really lazy.

so, abby and i are thinking about starting a series with reviews/first impressions of musicals that we haven't really listened to. 

please leave a suggestion or two in the comments for us to react to!