Chapter 45

Lana couldn't deny that Hamilton was a dream come true, but it also was nowhere close to what she'd imagined. Her two Schuyler Sisters disliked her, and most of the cast didn't like her, either. They'd dealt with Pippa's illnesses well, and... well... Lana found herself crushing on a cast member.

Not just any cast member. Jessa.

Which was complicated, because of Lana's boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend, now. He'd broken up with her before the tour started. Lana should have been devastated, but instead, she found herself relieved. James had been possessive and he'd been drunk most of the time. She was glad to be rid of him.

And it was complicated, well, because, Jessa was a girl, and Lana had never thought she liked girls. Until now.

They were on break, and Lana was scrolling through her Instagram. She saw that Kaitlyn and Araella had posted some kind of Tangled Broadway throwback.

Araella flopped down next to Lana. Lana was surprised. She had thought that Araella was part of the group that hated her. In fact, most of the cast seemed to openly despise Lana. That hurt a little, but she'd given up on trying to make them like her. She was just focusing on the show now, and she was actually content with the results.

"So," Araella said, while intensely studying her Candy Crush level. "I've noticed you've been looking at Jessa. Want to tell me what's going on?"

Lana flushed. "Um, no," she said instantly. Araella looked up from her phone.

"Really?" Araella asked skeptically. Because you need a friend, and I know when someone is crushing on another person. There's nothing wrong with liking Jessa."

"I'm not crushing on Jessa!" Lana spluttered.

"Honey," Araella said, giving her a look. "Out with it. I want to play matchmaker and everyone else in this cast is already together with someone. You and Jessa are my new OTP."

"OTP?" Lana asked, looking up from stalking Pippa's Instagram.

"One true pairing. It's like the ship you want to sail the most," Araella explained. Lana frowned.

"What?"

"Relationship. Shortened to ship. When a ship sails, it means that your relationship is actually happening. Like, I shipped Kaitlyn and Brett together, and thankfully Jazzy and Pippa succeeded in making that happen," Araella said.

"Well, your ship sunk then, because I'm not going to date Jessa," Lana said, going back to her phone.

"Fine, be that way. I'll just ask Jessa if she likes you," Araella said, standing up.

"What, no!" Lana exclaimed. "Araellaaaaaaaaa!"

"Chill, dude," Araella said. "I was just kidding. But seriously, do you want me to hook you guys up? Cause I have no problem with that."

"What, no, it's fine," Lana said. She looked down at her phone and her heart dropped.

She'd just gotten a text from James.

James: miss you lots lana, i'm here in hershey and i plan on coming to see your shows. want to hang out, maybe go for dinner and then we can go to my hotel?

Lana: what are you doing with my phone number?!?!

James: one of your friends gave it to me. i've conquered my drinking problem and i want to see you, and i just happened to be in hershey.

Lana: i don't want to see you anymore, james, go away.

James: too bad, i already bought tickets. i'll be there, and i want to meet all of your friends. what are their names? phillipa soo? jasmine cephas jones? what about lin manuel-miranda? i want to meet them all.

Lana: you're such a stalker james, i don't want to talk to you. please don't come to the show, and don't even bother trying to find me.

"Lana, what's wrong?" Araella asked, frowning. Lana jerked her head up.

"N-nothing, it's fine."

"Break's over!" Lin called. Lana stood up quickly and shoved her phone under her stuff. She brushed off her dress and then went to her place for the top of act two.

The run-through went really well. Lana was focused as much as possible, but there was always the lurking thought of James in the back of her mind. All that practice by herself had paid off, though.

She returned to her phone to see that James had texted her again.

James: lana, i want you back in my life

James: lana answer me.

James: LANA I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T ANSWER ME I WILL COME AND FORCE YOU TO ANSWER ME. DON'T TELL ME YOU FOUND ANOTHER BOYFRIEND. I'LL KILL HIM.

Lana swallowed.

Lana: i'm blocking your number. don't you dare try to contact me again, or i swear i'll call the police.

She blocked his number and prayed that he wouldn't text her again. She changed out of her Angelica Schuyler costume and into jeans, boots, and a scarf.

"Hey, Lana, the cast was planning on going to Hershey Park tomorrow for the special Halloween opening. You should come with us," Pippa said, stopping Lana before she walked out of the theatre.

Lana was surprised. "Um, sure," she said.

"Great! We're going in the morning, because we have a show tomorrow night," Pippa said. "I'll text you the details when we figure it out."

"Thanks," Lana said.

It was a strange thing, to be somewhat friends with Phillipa Soo now. Things had changed. Lana didn't know if she liked it or not. 

~~~~~~

Hey guys! This is a chapter that we've been really excited to share with you, so we hope you enjoyed!