Chapter 28

The flight seemed to take forever. Pippa had listened to music and watched countless movies. When she was halfway through listening to the Newsies soundtrack, the pilot came on the loudspeaker.

"We are about to land in Salzburg. I hope you had an enjoyable flight."

Everyone starts to cheer, and as soon as the excitement dies down, they begin to feel the plane dropping towards the ground. In fifteen minutes, they have touched down on the runway.

The cast files out of the plane. They are all happy to be able to finally stand up and stretch their legs.

"I have to go pee really bad," Jazzy tells Pippa.

"Okay, well, you're a big girl. You can go by yourself," Pippa laughs. Jazzy rolls her eyes.

"Let Lin know where I am if he takes roll call." Pippa assures Jazzy that she will, so Jazzy runs off.

"Okay everyone, I'm going to trust that you all got off of the plane okay, so get through customs and I'll see you on the other side of the war," Lin tells them. It gets a few giggles from the cast.

One of the ensemble members, Pippa can't tell who, shouts "I'll never understand you, Lin." That makes everyone laugh even harder, and Lin turns them loose to get through customs on their own.

Pippa decides to wait for Jazzy, and Anthony does too.

"Where did she go?" Anthony asks.

"To the bathroom. She should be back any minute now," Pippa tells him.

Just after she says this, Pippa looks up and sees Jazzy running towards her.

"Come on babe, Lin wants us through customs," Anthony tells her.

"Okay," she says. They drag their suitcases behind them and run to the passport check station, where they are quickly ushered through.

"Do we have anything that we need to claim?" Pippa asks her friends.

"Nope," Jazzy replies, and Anthony shakes his head.

"Awesome. That makes this easier. I think we are done, actually," Pippa says.

"Really? Awesome!" Anthony says, and they walk in the direction that the signs are pointing. They find Lin and a bunch of the other cast members sitting on some benches by the exit to the airport.

"The bus is coming to take us to the theater really soon," he tells Pippa.

"Great," she says. Pippa pulls out her phone, and notices that a text is coming in from Vanessa.
Vanessa: I just booked my flight ticket. There's a good chance that Lin will get a notification on his phone saying that a large transaction just went through on his credit card. Please make sure that he doesn't cancel it.
Pippa: i'll make sure. i can't wait to see you, nessa. is seb coming too?
Vanessa: No, he's staying with his abuelo and abuela. He's old enough. I will only be gone for two weeks.
Pippa: Yay! You'll get to see some of our shows!

"Pippa! Come on! We have to get to the theater!" Lin says, nudging Pippa.

"Oh! Of course!" Pippa replies. She tucks away her phone and follows the rest of the cast onto the bus that was sent especially for them. Pippa and Jazzy share a seat on the bus, and Anthony and Daveed are right behind them.

"Daveed, are you kicking my chair?" Pippa asks, once they start driving. Daveed and Anthony start to laugh.

"Maybe," he replies.

"Please stop it," Pippa says, rolling her eyes. Daveed and Anthony chuckle some more, but the kicking does stop.

Soon, the bus pulls up to the theater.

"This is your stop. I will be back in a few hours to bring you to your hotel," the bus driver announces, in a thick German accent.

Everyone gets off of the bus, thanking the driver as they do so, and follow Lin to the theater office.

"I'm with the Hamilton cast. We were told to come check out the theater," Lin tells the lady at the desk. She says something to another lady in German, and then tells Lin that it is unlocked, and they can go ahead in.

"Dankeschön," Lin says to her. Pippa recognizes this to mean "thank you very much." That's about as far as she got on Duolingo on the airplane, though.

Lin leads the group into the theater lobby, then through the doors, into the house.

"This is it! This is the theater that was in The Sound of Music!" Pippa tells Jazzy, excitedly.

"Oh my gosh, it is!" Jazzy squeals.

"Go ahead and look around for a few minutes," Lin tells the group. "We are going to run a few numbers in half an hour."

"Jazzy, come sing with me!" Pippa says, grabbing her friend's hand and dragging her onto the stage.

"This is making your little theatre kid heart really happy, isn't it?" Jazzy laughs.

"So much," Pippa says, and Jazzy laughs, as Pippa bursts into 'Edelweiss.' She joins in on harmonies, and by the time that they're done with the song, they've drawn the attention of most of the cast. Lin has filmed the majority of their impromptu performance.

"Alright, we are all theatre kids here. Who's next?" he asks. Seven of the ensemble members stand up.

"Lin, Pippa, be our Georg and Maria!" Kaitlyn calls. Brett informs them that they're going to do "Do Re Mi."

"Fine," Pippa laughs.

"You have no idea how badly I wanted to be Gretl Von Trapp as a child," Kait whispers to Pippa, who laughs.

They all sing their way through the version of "Do Re Mi" that is sung at the festival in the movie, and then, Anthony grabs Jazzy's hand and pulls her onto the stage.

"We are singing 'Something Good,'" he announces. They perform the song, flawlessly, of course. Lin videotapes and is tweeting clips of all of the cast members' different performances.

"Alright, are we done now? We need to run 'My Shot' and 'The Schuyler Sisters,'" Lin tells everyone.

"Fine," they all laugh.

The pit gets out their instruments and starts to play the songs, as the cast hops onto the stage and starts to perform.

"Okay, why can't you people have that kind of energy every night?" Lin asks, when they are done.

"Because. This is the Sound of Music theater," Jasmine tells him. Everyone laughs, and they decide to continue running a few more musical numbers.

~~~~~

Author's Note:

Don't panick, @abbydancesx still wrote this chapter. we changed our spacing you can comment on specific sections of the story :) Happy reading, and happy late theatre day!