Chapter 138

Jazzy is sitting in the OBC cast meeting the next day, when Pippa walks in at the very last minute. She sits down between Carleigh and Jazzy, but closer to Jazzy, because she doesn't want to catch whatever illness Carleigh picked up.

Thankfully, she is starting to feel better, but is going to take off the show today again, just to be safe.

"You've separated from your other half," Jazzy smirks to Pippa.

"Shut up," Pippa mutters with a bit of a giggle.

"Did you have a good night last night?"

"I had a great time with you guys," Pippa replies. "I can't believe that you all pulled that on me."

"We have known since the second day Steven was here," Jazzy admits. "Well, we knew about the first one- your audition. He told me that he was going to ask you to move in with him two days ago."

"I can't believe that you didn't tell me for so long!"

"What can I say? I'm an actress," Jazzy laughs.

They don't get to talk any more, because Daveed calls their meeting to order.

"I have brought you all here to make some decisions, since you are all the ones that Lin spread the power around. The first thing that I wanted to bring up- our layover days between the performances. We have had a number of cast members ask to get those days off. Some of you are in the room right now. Of course, I said yes, but I was thinking that we have all been working pretty hard. The show is in a very good spot right now. Instead of rehearsing with standbys and understudies for those who have requested off from the rehearsal days, I would like to propose that we just cancel those rehearsals. We could all use a break. Does anybody have any feedback on this idea?"

"I think that it is a good idea," Thayne chimes in. "We all deserve a break, and so do the newbies."

"All in favor, say 'aye,'" Daveed announces. The group choruses in approval.

"All in opposition, say 'nay.'"

Silence.

"Wonderful. I'll send out that schedule change as soon as we are finished here. I have a few more matters of business. As our run in Sydney draws to a close, I am going to need confirming answers as to whether or not you are all continuing on the second round of cities in this tour. I know that most of you are decided, but I need that to be officially confirmed by our closing night in Sydney. IF I DO NOT GET AN ANSWER, WE ARE GOING TO ASSUME YOU ARE LEAVING. Please spread this around to the other cast members."

Everyone nods.

"Our final matter of business is regarding something a little bit happier," Daveed continues. "As the matter of fact, The Happiest Place On Earth."

Everyone chuckles.

"When we are in Orlando, I know that many of you have personal plans to go to Disney World already, but if you don't, we are taking a cast group. I'll be ordering the tickets next week. Please let me know if you need me to order you one. WE ARE TRYING TO SCHEDULE A POP UP PERFORMANCE THAT DAY."

At that, everyone cheers. This is news to everyone, and the idea makes them happy. How cool would that be, to perform at Disney World?!

"I believe that is all of the information that I have to go over," Daveed says. "Please spread the news to the cast, and have a nice day everyone. We only have a few performances left in Sydney, so break all of the legs tonight."

Everyone claps as they stand up and start to disperse.

"Jas," Anthony says, slipping his hand into Jazzy's, "I think that when we take our break, it's time to start plans for the big day."

A smile grows on Jazzy's face when she hears this. She wanted to start planning a while ago, but Ant insisted on waiting until they weren't on tour. She saw that logic, but likes the idea of at least getting a start before they say goodbye to the tour chapter of their lives.

"That sounds amazing," she tells her fiance. "I love you, babe."

"I love you too. Now, we have a bit of time before we have to be here for the show. What do you say we slip away and grab lunch somewhere, just you and me?" Anthony suggests.

"I think that that is the best thing I've heard all day. And I was just told I get a ten day vacation."

Anthony laughs. "You're exaggerating a bit, but alright. I'll take that as a yes."

Jazzy just simply laughs and kisses Anthony's neck in response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

whooops GUYS I'M SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE IT'S TECH WEEK YA KNOW IT'S LIKE SHARKWEEK BUT EVEN MORE STRESSFUL BECAUSE YOU FEEL #EXPOSED ALL THE TIME ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE PLAYING TRUMPET IN A JAZZ MUSICAL