Chapter 20

The next day, the energy is also high, especially from Pippa and Jazzy. They are determined to make Renee, who is just like their big sister, proud. Everyone in the cast realizes this too, so they all pitch in.
The HamFam really can come together, if they need to.
Even Lana is slowly starting to realize this.
With Renee in the audience, the stakes are high for her, as Angelica. She knows that she can never top Renee's Angelica, but that doesn't mean that she can't try.
She rallies together with the rest of the company and they put on the show that is second best, only to the night before, when they all did it for Brett.
After the show is over, Renee is coming backstage to say hi. The cast members from Broadway are ecstatic. Even the new cast members can't wait to meet her, since she really is synonymous for her part.
Of course, she visits Pippa and Jazzy first. She gets to their dressing room before they can even get out of costume.
"Renee!" Pippa squeals, attacking her sister with a hug as soon as she gets into the room.
"Pippa! Jazzy!" Renee squeals, laughing. All three of them are screaming.
"I've missed you girls so much. You have no idea," Renee says.
"We've missed you too," Pippa says.
"The show tonight was great. I don't know what you two have been complaining about."
Jazzy and Pippa exchange glances. They know that what happens in a show is supposed to stay in the show, but Renee is special. She can know.
"We have had so much drama, Renee. Lana is so problematic!" Pippa spills.
Before they can continue talking about the topic, Lana walks into the dressing room.
"Oh! You must be Renee! I've heard so much about you," she says.
"You must be Lana! I've heard quite a bit about you, too," Renee replies. The two shake hands, and Jazzy can't help but notice that Lana has an icy cold look on her face.
"It's been such an honor to play your role," Lana tells Renee. This time, even Renee notices a certain sarcasm in the comment.
"Oh, it's not my role, Lana! It's anyone's role. I was just the one who it first belonged to."
Maybe Renee can kill her with kindness.
"If you have any advice for me, I would love to hear it," Lana says. It really sounds more like a threat though, as if Lana is saying "Go ahead and critique me. I dare you."
"Oh, no. You were wonderful, really. Um, I'm going to go talk to Lin now. I'll leave you girls to get changed in here."
With that, Renee leaves.
There is an awkward silence in the room as the girls are all quickly changing. As soon as Jazzy and Pippa are done, they hang up their dresses, grab their purses, and get away.
"That was weird," Jazzy whispers to Pippa as they walk out.
"So weird," she agrees.
The two of them find Renee in the green room.
"Kaitlyn should be out in a few minutes, then we can go," Jazzy says.
"Awesome. I can't wait to get to know her!" Renee says.
"She's much more like our other Schuyler sister than Lana is," Pippa assures Renee. "You'll like her."
Renee spends a few more minutes talking to the other cast members, and then Kaitlyn comes.
"Hey, Renee, how about you come back and join us after our Sunday matinee for a few hours? We would all love to see you more," Lin suggests.
Renee says that she would love to see the cast more, too, so plans are made for Renee to join the cast again after the Sunday show.
"Well, let's get going to dinner. I'm starved," Renee says. By this point, Kaitlyn has joined the trio in the green room.
"Me too!" Pippa agrees.
They all head out of the theater, where they have to meet a few fans by the stage door before pushing their way through, to the nearest Metro stop.
Pippa looks at a map, and is immediately overwhelmed by the many colors and dots.
"Renee, I hope you know how to read this thing," she laughs.
"I do," Renee assures her.
"I grew up coming to DC a whole bunch, so I know it too," Kaitlyn adds.
"Okay. I'm glad, because if you were to leave me alone here, I would never be able to figure this out," Pippa says.
"Me either," Jazzy admits.
Looking up at the sign, Renee sees that there is a train coming in five minutes.
"We need to hurry. Come on," she says, dragging her sisters to the turn stall. "You can all use my card."
"Is that even legal?" Jazzy asks.
"It doesn't matter right now," Renee laughs. "But for the record, probably not."
The four girls share a giggle, and then run through the turn stall, getting to the platform just as the train is coming up.
"Good timing," Kaitlyn laughs, as they run on.
Jazzy and Pippa sit down in spare seats, and Renee and Kaitlyn grab onto poles so that they won't fall over when the train starts to move.
They are laughing and talking so much that they almost miss their stop, but thank goodness, Kaitlyn notices.
They head up the escalator and soon, are out on the National Mall.
"Let's do this thing! The Schuyler Sisters are in the house!" Jazzy shouts, and a few people turn their heads.
Pippa blushes.
"Be quiet Jazzy," she giggles, and the girls start to walk. 

~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys! This is darkdisrepair. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE. I'm sorry I keep forgetting to update. I lose track of if I updated the day before or not :) We're 20 chapters in and I never dreamed that we'd get this much support! We have prewritten to chapter 43 right now and you guys are going to be so stunned by what's in store! Love you all!