Chapter 53

"Anthony Ramos," Pippa said, narrowing her eyes. "Is this what I think it is?"

Anthony cleared his throat nervously. "I need your advice on how to propose to Jazzy."

Pippa hugged him. "That's fantastic, Anthony. I'm so happy for you," she said, tears starting to glisten in her eyes. "You two are so wonderful together."

"I hope so," Anthony said. "Um, I need your advice. You're Jazzy's best friend here, and I just want to make everything perfect."

"Whatever you do will make her happy, Anthony," Pippa said seriously.

"She told me that she loves the London Eye, but I don't think I really want to propose on the Ferris Wheel. I just would be terrified to drop the ring," Anthony admitted.

"You could take her on the London Eye and then propose afterwards, in her favorite cafe, or something," Pippa suggested.

Anthony considered this. "That's a good idea, Pip, but I'm scared it's not going to be romantic enough. I don't want it to be a crappy date and have it being the worst date I've ever taken her on."

"It's not about how expensive the place is or how many flowers you buy her, it's really about what you do and what you say. That speaks to a girl more than getting her chocolate or taking her somewhere fancy. It's really the thought that counts. I know it's cliche, but it's true," Pippa reassured him. "Think about what really matters in your relationship, and base your decisions on that. You're a great guy, and I think Jazzy will say yes."

"Thank you, Pippa. And, um, I wanted to ask your opinion about this, too," he said. He pulled a box from his jacket pocket and flipped the top open.

Sitting inside was a beautiful engagement ring. The diamond was cut in the shape of a flower and the metal around it was twisted to look like petals and leafs. It was elegant in a simple way, somehow, and it wasn't huge and obnoxious.

"She'll love it. It's a gorgeous ring. I can't wait for her to tell me all about it," Pippa said. "It's definitely something she would choose. You really know her tastes."

"That means a lot to me, Pippa. You're an amazing person. Thank you, so much," Anthony said, putting the ring back in his pocket. "I have to go, but thank you."

"Anytime," Pippa said, laughing a little.

Jazzy walked in just as Anthony was leaving. "What was he here for?" she asked, looking confused. "Did he want to talk to me?"

"No, he just wanted to ask me about something in 'Take a Break,'" Pippa lied quickly. "We've been thinking about changing the beatboxing and we need to figure out how much we'd change it."

"Oh, alright," Jazzy said, shrugging. She had a plate of crepes and some strawberries on her plate. "I forget, how many shows do we have today?"

"Two," Pippa replied. "I'm excited."

"I am, too," Jazzy admitted. "The show is really starting to come together. The sad thing is, Lin's leaving next tour stop. I'm scared it's going to fall apart."

"With Brett as Hamilton? It's not going to fall apart."

"What's this about Brett?" Kaitlyn asked, sliding into the seat next to Jazzy.

"Oh, we were just talking about Lin leaving after London's shows," Pippa said. "Jazzy's scared it's going to fall apart, just when it's started to get better, but I think Brett will be a fantastic main Hamilton. Who do you think will replace Brett in ensemble?"

"I'm not sure, I think that Lin's looking at casting videos now," Kaitlyn said. "I know he's been talking to Brett and wants his approval with whoever takes his place."

"How do you feel about Brett becoming Hamilton?" Jazzy asked carefully.

"I'm super happy for him, but I'll miss dancing with him in the ensemble. He's going to be doing other things when he switches with Lin," Kaitlyn admitted. "It'll be weird dancing with another guy."

"It'll be alright. Plus, Brett will have to approve whoever replaces him, so it's bound to be someone good," Pippa reasoned.

"That's true," Kaitlyn agreed.

"Rehearsal is in two hours," Lin said as he walked passed their table. They all nodded. "Oh, and Kaitlyn, we have Brett's replacement after London. He's here in Hershey and will be rehearsing with us in the upcoming weeks."

All three of them exchanged glances.

This would get interesting soon.