Chapter 34

The next day is not only their last day in Austria, but the day that Pippa knows can either make or break her amazing relationship with Jazzy. Needless to say, she's nervous. 

Kaitlyn and her wake up at about the same time, and they get ready together, but don't talk much. Kaitlyn senses Pippa's nerves, and wishes that she could calm her, but knows that there are some things that the Waitress soundtrack can't fix.

"Do you want to go grab some Starbucks and walk around the city before call time?" Kaitlyn asks. Pippa does, but she wants Jazzy to join them, more than anything in the world. She knows, however, that she can't let this fight ruin her last day in this amazing city. 

"Sure," she says, trying to block Jazzy out of her mind.

The girls get dressed and leave the hotel, heading to Starbucks. Pippa orders a hot chocolate, and Kaitlyn gets a latte, and they sit down, drinking their drinks in silence. Kaitlyn is looking at her phone, and Pippa is staring off into the distance. After a few minutes, Kaitlyn finally says something. 

"It was Lana," she blurts out.

"What?"

"Araella was there. She heard about you and Jazzy, and texted me early this morning. She says that Lana is feeling no remorse, and she even suspects that she did it to cause you two to fight."

"That jerk!" Pippa says, rather loudly, but not quite to the point of shouting. "But, what about Anthony?"

"He was trying to wiggle away the whole time. Lana was forcing herself on him." Pippa can't believe what she's hearing. 

"Someone needs to tell Jazzy."

"Lin just texted me and apparently, she's not speaking to anyone. The hurt has set in." Pippa feels her heart aching for her best friend. 

"We have to go back," she says, standing up and throwing on her sweatshirt.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Kaitlyn asks. 

"Yes. I don't care if Jazzy doesn't want to hear it, I have to talk to her," Pippa announces. "Please tell me you have those texts still."

"I do." 

"Good. Give me your phone." Kaitlyn has never heard Pippa sound so serious. She is scared to see what would happen if she says no, so she hands over her phone. They hurry back to the hotel, and Pippa pounds on the door of Jessamine's room. 

"Let me in," she says, brushing past Jessa.

She sees Jazzy sitting in a cave of blankets on the bed, sobbing. "Jaz?" Pippa says, suddenly sounding timid. Jazzy looks up, but looks away as soon as she sees who it is. 

"Go away," she sobbs.

"No. Look, I need you to hear me out. Will you please listen to me?"Jazzy feels too weak to say no. 

"Good. It was all Lana. Here are the texts that Araella sent Kaitlyn. She was there."

Pippa holds out the phone to Jazzy, who stares at the screen for a minute. Before she knows it, Pippa feels Jazzy wrapping her arms around her body. Pippa returns the hug, and Jazzy sobs into Pippa's shoulder for a minute. 

"I'm so sorry that I ever doubted you. I should've suspected Lana from the beginning," she says, between sniffles.

"It's alright. Will you make up with Ant too, please? For me?" Pippa asks. 

"I will later. Can we just go for a walk, just the two of us, right now?" Jazzy asks.

"Of course we can," Pippa says. She pulls Jazzy out of her bed and tosses a sweatshirt that Jazzy bought at a little souvenier store along the river, as well as some leggings, at her. Jazzy promptly changes, and the two are out of there in ten minutes.  The two laugh and talk, and by the time that they get back to the hotel, not only have they agreed to forget about everything that has happened between them, they are dangerously close to call time. 

Jazzy curses under her breath as she scoops up all of her belongings and runs down to the lobby to meet the bus, with Pippa right on her heels. They hop on the bus right as it is pulling out. The mood on the bus is upsetting for both girls, since they both have incredibly bittersweet feelings about leaving. They performed at the Salzburg Festival, for goodness' sake. Not everyone gets to say that. Nobody can believe that it's over. 

Lin makes a speech before the cast goes onstage. He tells them to think of their "favorite things," instead of being sad about it being over. He assures them that they've had a great run, and they have much longer for a great run. 

"I also just wanted to say that Brett will be replacing me, after we run in London, because I have to go home and take care of Vanessa and the baby. Thank you all so much for being an amazing part of my life, and we still have two more stops to make memories together. I love you all. Now, let's go out there, and kill it!" Lin says.

Everyone puts their hands in, and cheers as they do their huddle. 

They can already tell that it's going to be a great show.