Chapter 99

They began rehearsing in the new theatre. It wasn't as pretty as some of the other theatres that Pippa had been in before, but the Mossovet had updated light technology. Some other theatres lacked that.

Pippa got a text from Daveed just as she was about to head downstairs for breakfast.

Daveed: Joining us at today's rehearsal will be James' new replacement. His name is Daniel Montgomery, and he will be in James' ensemble track. He will not be performing in the shows in Russia, but he WILL perform in Sydney.

Part of Pippa was excited to meet Daniel, but part of her was also extremely aware of how badly James had turned out.

Pippa sat by one of the tables. Soon after, Jazzy, Lana, and Jessa joined her.

"Hey," Pippa said, while spooning strawberries into her mouth. "Excited for rehearsal?"

"Sure," Jessa said, shrugging. "It'll be fun. It's always great to meet new ensemblists."

"Don't forget what happened with James," Jazzy warned.

"It's not going to be like that," Jessa said instantly. "Daveed will have made sure of it. Plus, I've heard about Daniel. All of my friends who have danced with him talk about him all the time. I think he'll be a good fit."

"I hope so," Pippa said. "I really want this to work out. We might not have time to find a new ensemblist if Daniel doesn't fit well with the cast."

They all quickly finished breakfast and then headed back to their rooms to get ready for rehearsal. Pippa decided to wear leggings, Toms, and her 'And Peggy' shirt that Jazzy had bought her.

~~~~~~
Once they got to the theatre, everyone assembled in a circle. Pippa scanned the cast members to see if everyone was there.

Not everyone. Carleigh wasn't.

"Where's Carleigh?" Pippa asked Kaitlyn.

"Oh, her flight is still grounded. The storm's apparently still really bad in the UK, which is where her plane emergency landed. She told me that she's probably not going to get to leave today."

"That stinks. Is she alright?"

"I think so," Kaitlyn said, shrugging.

"Alright!" Daveed said, clapping to get the casts' attention. "Welcome to Russia! Today we'll start rehearsals fairly lightly. I know it's been a long holiday. I want to go through most of the first act, but we'll take lots of breaks. Additionally, please welcome Daniel Montgomery! He's our new ensemblist. Daniel's performed in several Broadway shows. He's a Lion King alumni as well as a Kinky Boots alumni."

Everyone applauded. Daniel waved.

He seemed nice- he was brown haired, and he had grayish eyes.

"Daniel will be learning his choreography in the upcoming weeks, but for today, he's just watching and getting to know you all," Daveed explained. "I encourage you all to introduce yourselves at some point during rehearsal."

Pippa nodded.

"We'll start off with 'Alexander Hamilton'. Since Carleigh isn't here, I want Kaley to swing into her spot," Daveed said. Kaley nodded.

Everyone quickly headed to their spots.

"Daniel seems nice," Jazzy commented to Pippa.

"I think so, too."

Rehearsal was a little rough. It was obviously their first rehearsal after break- everyone was a little rusty. Except Kaitlyn, of course, because Kaitlyn always knew what she was doing. Thayne, on the other hand, was almost comically messing up. At least everyone was good-natured about the fact that the rest of the cast was a little out of it.

After 'Alexander Hamilton', Daveed made the mistake of asking them to do 'Yorktown', the infamously problematic number.

On the spin into the spotlights, the only ensemblists who actually made it without falling over were Jessa, Kaitlyn, Erik, and Ariana. Everyone else either didn't make it into their spotlight or fell over.

Pippa was sure that Daveed would yell at them, but Daveed seemed to be in a strangely good mood.

They moved on to 'Ten Duel Commandments', the first song of the day that required the turntables. Pippa knew it was going to be a disaster before Lac even started the music.

The turntables spun the wrong way, so everyone was extremely confused. Kaley hadn't run Carleigh's track in a while, so she wasn't sure where to go at some points.

But, oddly enough, no one was angry. Pippa guessed that it could have been because James was finally gone. Everyone could relax. They didn't have to worry about his creepiness or his incompetence.

Finally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

if only my band could get rid of our incompetence...

WE BOTH HAVE A FOUR DAY WEEKEND SO WRITING WILL PROBABLY ACTUALLY HAPPEN FOR ONCE!!!