Chapter 177

Excitement was in the air. The new cast members were coming to the show- which meant that there would be new friends and old friends arriving in Orlando.

Pippa was especially excited to see Addy. Even though they'd been super close, with Pippa touring, they hadn't really talked as much as Pippa would have wanted them to. Addy was one of Pippa's favorite people, and Pippa wasn't at all surprised that her cousin had been able to win the part of Eliza. That girl was talented.

And of course, there was original Broadway cast member Kasey, who was also flying down to Orlando.

She hadn't realized how much she'd missed both of them until Daveed announced that the new cast was arriving in Orlando that day.

Daveed didn't want to overwhelm the new cast members with too many big names. He chose people that either had previous connections to the cast members or cast members that were staying on for the second rotation.

That meant that Pippa, Steven, Carleigh, Oak, Lana, Jessa, and Brett were going to meet the cast.

Daveed chose to rent a van. The entire ride there, Pippa had a hard time sitting still.

Jessa, on the other hand, stared out the window and didn't move practically the entire drive to the airport. Something was bothering her, Pippa could tell.

All thoughts of Jessa's problems disappeared when Pippa saw the tour group emerge from their gate with their luggage in tow.

It was easy to spot Addy, with her purple duffel bag.

Pippa ran to her cousin, throwing her arms around her. "I've missed you so much, Addy!"

"I missed you too, Pips," Addy said.

A few feet away, Carleigh had Kasey wrapped up in a hug so tight that Kasey seemed to almost disappear.

"How was your flight? Did you drink enough?" Pippa asked.

"Yes, so much wine and beer and tequila," Addy deadpanned. "Don't worry, I did."

"Addy, meet Steve," Pippa said, pulling Steven closer to Addy. "He's my fiance."

"Hey, Steven," Addy waved. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too," Steven replied, a little awkwardly.

While Pippa and Carleigh were happily reuniting with Addy and Kasey, a not-so happy reunion was happening a few feet away.

"Jessamine," Jeremiah Bradley said, giving Jessa a curt nod.

"Jeremiah."

"Still not out of that gay phase, I see," Jeremiah sneered.

"Still an asshole, I see," Jessa retorted.

"Looks like you'll have to deal with it. After all, I'm Aaron Burr now. I'm still taller than you, and now I have a better role than you ever will have. How does it feel, to be the weak one, Jessamine?

"How does it feel, to have sunk low enough for me to reach, Jeremiah?"

"I thought it was impossible to get any lower than the scum of the earth, dear sister."

"There's always underground, and plenty of it. I'm sure you'll get low enough eventually," Jessa snapped.

"Who's this, Jessa?" Lana asked, walking over after greeting Savannah Rosario, who would be playing Peggy/Maria.

Jeremiah stared challengingly at Jessa for a moment.

"This is... my brother, Jeremiah Bradley," Jessa said finally, her voice flat. "Jeremiah, Lana Carnell."

"It's a pleasure," Jeremiah said, his tone now smooth and polite. "I thought pretty girls like you only belonged in fairy tales."

"Leave her alone," Jessa spat. "Come on, Lana, let's go meet Addy."

"Well, bye," Lana said, a little confused, waving at Jeremiah before Jessa pulled her away. "It was nice to meet you."

"Don't talk to him," Jessa told Lana as soon as they were out of Jeremiah's sight. "I don't want you to talk to him."

"Why?" Lana asked.

"He's an asshole, that's why. You don't need him using his snake ways to charm you," Jessa said.

"He seemed plenty nice to me."

"Don't ever let him get to you, don't tell him anything, not about us, not about your sexuality, nothing, just don't speak to him," Jessa said urgently.

"Okay, okay!" Lana promised, eyes wide.

"Good. Now, for real, let's go meet Addy."

After everyone had met each other, they drove back to the hotel. The second tour cast was spread out throughout the hotel on different floors because of the short notice.

They all gathered for dinner before Pippa and everyone else had to leave to get ready for their show.

Five more left.

The shows were going by too quickly now. Pippa could almost feel their time together ticking away, every hour, every minute. Onstage, she kept thinking about how she would only share four more 'Satisfieds' with Lana, four more 'Alexander Hamiltons', everything. And after this, she would probably never sing 'Burn', 'Schuyler Sisters', 'That Would Be Enough'... she would never sing them in a true show again.

At the same time, she knew it was time to move on. 'Sound of Music' was on the horizon, and her future with Steven was just beginning. She had a whole lot of things to look forward to, even if the tour was going to come to an end.