Chapter 43

Pippa is thankfully feeling a lot better. The symptoms from her allergy reaction seemed to have mostly disappeared, but she still wasn't 100% like she had been in Austria. She was excited, however, to be in Hershey. It was a fresh start and there was, of course, chocolate.

Hershey was an amazing place. They stopped in to look at the theatre and it was beautiful. It was certain a gorgeous theatre, and the curtain was huge. Pippa loved it instantly. It had charm to it, and the lobby was huge.

Jazzy practically dragged Pippa to Hershey Chocolate World on their first day. They went through the winding line until they got to the ride part. They had to board the ride cars by walking on a rotating floor, which Jazzy was hilariously bad at. They sat and watched the singing mechanical cows sing about Hershey's chocolate.

When they got off the ride there was free samples, of course. Pippa declined. She was still sick enough to be extra cautious about egg products, even if she had eaten Hershey's chocolate before. Jazzy bought Anthony a bag of various Hershey Kisses, while Pippa decided to get Renee her favorite candy- Twizzlers.

The next day, they had their first stagger run in the Hershey Theatre. It went fairly well. Pippa was still getting better, but she definitely felt better than she had before.

It felt like it was finally coming together. People (Lana, mostly) were focused and there were very few mistakes. The Hershey Theatre didn't have the spotlight capabilities that the Richard Rodgers had, and so during 'Yorktown', the spotlights moved around in a searchlight like-fashion instead.

It was strange, but it was amazing.

After the stagger run, Pippa was alone in the hotel room while Jazzy and Anthony went on a date. She ultimately decided to binge-watch Supergirl and eat apples, because, apples.

Her phone rang.

"Hello?" she asked, not even bothering to check the caller ID.

"Pippa!"

"RENEE ELISE GOLDSBERRY!" Pippa squealed immediately. "I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too, dear," Renee said. "I was just calling to check and make sure you're healthy and feeling better. Jazzy told me about your allergy mishap, and she said it was pretty bad."

"I'm feeling a lot better, and I love Hershey already," Pippa said. "How are you doing?"

"Honestly, I think about you and Jazzy and everyone so much that it's hard," Renee admitted. "Just the knowledge that you are traveling and performing so much worries me, and I hate that I can't keep you and Jazzy safe."

"Oh, Renee, you don't need to worry about us," Pippa said softly.

"I know, but I still do. It doesn't help that you keep getting sick," Renee replied.

"I'm trying, it's just been a fluke. It's very strange- I've never had this problem before, and it's honestly exhausting," Pippa told her friend.

"If you told Lin you needed to take a step back from the show, he'd understand," Renee said. "Your health is the most important thing."

"If it becomes a serious problem then I will, don't worry. So you're coming to London?"

"Yes, I think so. I couldn't come to Hershey because we have family obligations, but London is free for two weeks or so! I thought I'd fly over and hang out with you guys, sightsee a little, and see the show, of course," Renee exclaimed.

"That sounds amazing," Pippa said.

"How's the show?"

"It's going really well right now. Lana seems to have pulled it together, and the guys are wonderful, as always. The ensemblists are lovely, as always, and Oak, Daveed, Anthony, and Lin are really holding it together. I feel bad because it feels like the Schuyler Sisters are the main problem most of the time," Pippa admitted.

"Oh, Pippa, you never need to be worried. You're so flawless," Renee said. "I'm sure it's not as bad as you think."

"It's hard."

"I would love to just come right over there and give you a hug, but I have to take Ben to soccer practice now," Renee said, somewhat sadly. "I'll talk to you later. Call me."

"I will, tell Ben I said hi!" Pippa said.

~~~

Feast your eyes, guys!