Chapter 61

The show was over before Pippa knew it, and everyone headed back to the hotel to go to bed and catch up on sleep.

When Jazzy and Pippa reached their hotel room, Pippa had to try multiple times to get her card to open the door.

"Let me try," Jazzy said. She quickly swiped the card past the scanner and the green light appeared.

"How did you do that?" Pippa whined.

"Magic," Jazzy said.

Pippa flopped down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. "I cannot go to sleep after watching that fantastic show."

"Same. We could go see if Carleigh and Kaitlyn want to hang out."

"Maybe we should invite Lana, too," Pippa suggested. "She's making an effort to be nicer, and I think it really shows."

"Sure. We can ask them if they want to do movie night!" Jazzy exclaimed. She bounded off her bed and disappeared out the door. A minute or two later she returned with Jessa, Lana, Carleigh, and Kaitlyn in tow.

"Hi, Pippa!" Jessa said, waving.

"Hi!" Pippa responded. "What movie did you guys want to watch?"

"I've really wanted to see Tangled for a really long time," Careigh commented.

"I'm so triggered by that movie," Kaitlyn laughed.

"Oh, right, you're so cool that you were in a Disney Broadway show," Carleigh snorted. "I forgot."

"Hey, no hating on Tangled," Kaitlyn said, smacking Carleigh lightly. "Tangled is still an amazing show. You're just jealous you never got to be in it."

"True," Carleigh admitted.

"Or we could watch Frozen," Jazzy piped up.

"I think Araella was in Frozen," Jessa commented. "Wasn't she Elsa?"

"Well, Araella isn't here to be triggered so let's watch it," Jazzy said, already opening up Netflix on the TV in their room.

The opening credits started playing and Jessa started humming along to it, and Pippa quickly followed suit until they were all humming except Lana.

"We should do Ham4Ham on tour," Carleigh said about halfway through 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman'.

"That would be cool," Jazzy agreed. "We'll tell Lin."

Then the song started up again and they all started singing again.

"Why aren't you singing, Lana?" Jessa asked.

"I don't know the songs that well," Lana admitted. "I think I watched it with my nieces once but then they got bored so we didn't even make it the whole way through."

By the time 'Let it Go' comes around, Jazzy was loopy, Carleigh had rolled off the bed and onto the floor, Jessa was bouncing from Pippa's bed to Jazzy's, Kaitlyn was eating fruit roll-ups, and Pippa was the only sane one in the room. Except Lana.

"We could duet on 'Let it Go,'" Pippa offered Lana. "You've got to know those words, at least."

"I wish I didn't, but I've heard it so many times by rooming with Araella that it's drilled into my mind," Lana said.

The opening notes sounded and Pippa and Lana started singing. Lana harmonized, and Pippa was slightly taken aback. She'd never really heard Lana sing outside of the show, and she'd never heard Lana improv. She was good- Pippa now understood why Lin picked her to be Angelica Schuyler.

As soon as the song ended, Pippa heard a loud cackle from the other side of the room. Jazzy was holding her phone up.

"I just recorded you!" Jazzy announced, attempting snatch a fruit roll-up from Kaitlyn while simultaneously waving the phone in Lana's face.

"That's great, Jazzy. Maybe you should calm down a little," Pippa laughed.

Jazzy finally succeeded in getting a fruit roll-up from Kaitlyn but in the process stepped on Carleigh's face.

"Jazzy!" Carleigh groaned. "You really do need to calm down. I was asleep."

"Sorry, Carleigh," Jazzy said, but she didn't sound too apologetic. Kaitlyn was now attempting to dangle a fruit roll-up off the bed and into Carleigh's mouth without her noticing.

"I honestly think you and I are the only sane ones here," Pippa said to Lana.

"I'm starting to think that, too," Lana said. Jessa had decided to attempt to fishtail Lana's dark hair, but she wasn't succeeding. She only managed to tangle Lana's hair instead. "Jessa, are you trying to make me lose all of my hair?"

"You're not gonna lose all of your hair," Jessa snorted. "You have too much anyway. You might as well donate it to me."

"You have just about as much of hair as I do," Lana protested.

"There's enough hair on both of your heads," Pippa interrupted.

They all turned back to the movie, but Jessa and Jazzy quickly got bored of watching the movie. Jessa returned to playing with Lana's hair, but Lana's eyes were fixed on the movie. Pippa could see the reflection of the trolls in Lana's eyes.

And then, when they got to the big reveal, Lana jumped up from the bed. "HANS IS FREAKING EVIL?!" she exclaimed.

"You didn't know that?" Pippa asked, surprised.

"I told you, I didn't really ever watch this before," Lana defended herself. "This is all new to me."

And a few minutes later-

"ANNA DIES?!"

"She doesn't die," Carleigh said unenthusiastically from the floor. Pippa hadn't even realized Carleigh was still awake. "The act of true love melts her frozen heart, but there's nothing that can melt my cold and already dead one."

"Carleigh Bettiol, your heart is not dead," Pippa scolded, purposefully dropping her book on Carleigh's stomach.

"Jesus Pippa!" Carleigh exclaimed, sitting upright. "What was that even for?"

"You should never think that your heart is cold and dead," Pippa told her. "You know whose heart is cold and dead? James."

"Let's not," Lana said instantly.

"Okay," Pippa agreed. She knew Lana probably didn't want to actually talk about James in front of everyone. She could tell that Lana felt uncomfortable around James but didn't want to push her to admitting something important in front of a large group.

The movie was over.

"Well, we're going to leave," Lana said, dragging Jessa, Carleigh, and Kaitlyn out the door. Kaitlyn swiped a fruit roll-up off the bed before she left and threw it at Carleigh. Pippa could hear Carleigh's indignant yelp from the hallway.

"So, anything special happening tomorrow?" Pippa asked Jazzy.

Jazzy was still hyper. "Yup! Anthony's taking me out on a date tomorrow."

~~~~~~

hey guys!

so, as you know, the 2017 wattys are coming up. they take into account the engagement and reads and stuff, and we entered wait for it. if you really like this story, PLEASE recommend it to your friends. we want lots of new readers, because we love you guys, and also the watty's would be amazing :)  hope your summer is going well!

~darkdisrepair