Chapter 69

The date of Lin's departure drew closer and closer. Pippa found herself getting depressed. Lin was one of the original cast members, and as much as she loved Kaitlyn, Brett, Jessa, Lana, and everyone else from the tour cast, nothing compared to the original cast.

And Lin- Lin was Hamilton's creator. He was Hamilton. Last time, Pippa had left with Lin. She'd never had to think about Hamilton without him. And now she was facing the final weeks of Lin as Hamilton. Lin was the foundation of the show, and without him, Pippa wasn't sure how it would go.

It was sad.

At the same time, Pippa was happier than she'd been in a long time. Jazzy and Anthony were engaged, Kaitlyn and Brett were dating, Carleigh was as spunky as ever, and even Lana was starting to become a good friend.

Pippa had also been texting Steven about getting her things back. Around Christmas, Pippa had planned on getting her stuff from him and putting it with Jazzy. She was excited just to know that she'd be seeing Steven again.

The cast had decided to have Thanksgiving together, in the theatre. Everyone agreed to bring in a certain dish, and Pippa had been assigned to bring the corn. She hadn't wanted to bring in something she was allergic to, and corn was always good.

"Lana, did you get your Thanksgiving dish for tonight?" Pippa asked as she swirled her brush around in her foundation.

"Um, yes," Lana replied, while attempting to pin up her hair. "Why?"

"What did you have to bring?"

"They asked me to make a non-pumpkin pie dessert, so I made cupcakes, with turkey decorations," Lana said. "And I made them with eggless batter, even though I forgot the first time. I forced Carleigh to get rid of them and she ended up sneaking them into Daveed's dressing room and lining them all up on his couch."

"Carleigh is a magnificent person," Pippa laughed. "But thank you."

"What's this about Carleigh?"

Carleigh was peering in the dressing room, while balancing a huge bag of marshmallows in one hand and her mic in the other. Pippa turned.

"We're talking about you pranking Daveed with the cupcakes," Pippa explained.

"Oh, that," Carleigh said. "Makes sense. It wasn't really a prank, though. It was more artistic redecoration of his dressing room."

"What are the marshmallows for?" Jazzy asked.

"First of all. The chubby bunny challenge. Second, I was supposed to bring in marshmallows for Oak's mashed potatoes. I didn't question my orders," Carleigh laughed.

"Marshmallows are actually really good with mashed potatoes," Lana defended. "My parents used to make sweet potatoes and marshmallows. It works."

"I'll be interested to try it," Carleigh said. She almost dropped her mic but managed to catch it before it hit the ground. "I'm going to put this on before I break it."

"That's probably a good idea," Pippa said. Carleigh waved goodbye and disappeared around the corner.

As soon as Carleigh left, someone else walked into the dressing room.

"Hello, ladies."

Pippa stood up. "Get out, James," she spat.

Lana immediately whipped around, color draining from her face.

"I just wanted to wish you ladies luck on the show, and I'll see you all at Thanksgiving dinner," James said.

"Get. Out!" Jazzy said. James raised his hands up in surrender.

"I'm leaving. I'll see you after the show, Lana," he said, with a smirk on his face. Jazzy shut the door behind him.

"I hate him so much," Jazzy growled.

Lana was subdued.

"Lana, don't let him bother you," Pippa said gently. Lana just shook her head and returned to finishing her hairstyle.

The dressing room was quiet until places were called, and then they all headed up to the stage together. Renee was watching the show again, and Pippa planned on trying to spot her in the audience without obviously crowd searching.

Before Pippa knew it, they were onstage once again. The familiar, comforting notes of 'Alexander Hamilton' rang through the theatre and Pippa felt herself relaxing. Despite James' creepiness, Hamilton never failed to make Pippa feel better.

The show went smoothly. Mostly. Except Carleigh's mishap with James, when he tripped her right before the motionless moment in 'Yorktown'. Carleigh's momentum from tripping made her almost collide with Kaitlyn, who quickly sidestepped, and Carleigh almost crashed into the set piece before recovering and freezing where she stood.

Pippa almost couldn't watch. She knew that Carleigh could have gotten hurt and that her trip could have been a lot worse, but at the same time, she knew that it made the ending of 'Yorktown' look messy instead of organized.

Pippa didn't get a chance to talk to Carleigh until it was halfway through act two, and even then, Carleigh seemed angrier than Pippa had ever seen her.

James was not turning out to be the best addition to the tour.