Chapter 44

Jazzy comes back from her date with Anthony, glowing. The two had an absolutely wonderful time. It seems as if every time she lays eyes on him, Jazzy falls in love with Anthony a little bit more.

"I'm glad that you had a good time, Jas," Pippa smiles. "I'm exhausted, though. I'm going to hit the sack if that's alright."

"Yeah, that's fine. I might stay up and watch Netflix for a while. Goodnight Pip," Jazzy replies.

"Goodnight."

The next day, the company had a dress rehearsal. The day after that, they were scheduled to open.

"I feel like this is going to be a really good portion of the tour," Jazzy whispers to Pippa as they are waiting to go on for 'The Schuyler Sisters.'

"I know! I think that everyone has finally pulled themselves together. You know who I'm talking about," Pippa chuckles.

"Yes, I do," Jazzy says, smiling with her friend. The girls hear someone walking up behind them and whip their heads around to see who it is.

"Hey Lana," Pippa says, trying to sound as nice as she can.

"Hey! Do either of you have a hairbrush that I can borrow? Mine is back in the hotel, I think."

"I don't, sorry," Jazzy replies. Pippa says that she doesn't either.

"I might have one," Jessa says, walking up to the trio.

"Oh my gosh, Jessa, you're a life-saver!" Lana says. Jessa starts to dig through her purse and pulls one out. Lana graciously accepts it, and then runs it through her hair.

"Your hair is so pretty, Lana," Jessa says.

"Oh, uh, thanks," Lana smiles. Pippa thinks that she sees a hint of a blush creeping onto Lana's face, but she isn't sure. Pippa just brushes it aside. It is probably just the heat of the stage lights.

Soon, the girls hear their cues for their song.

"Let's do this thing!" Pippa squeals, and they run onstage.

After rehearsal, the whole company is starving and exhausted. Jazzy suggests that the girls all go out to eat. Jas and Pippa end up rallying up Kaitlyn, Lana, Jessa, Araella, Carleigh, and Alysha.

"What are you guys hungry for?" Jazzy asks.

"I would kill for some pizza right about now," Alysha admits.

"That sounds amazing," Carleigh agrees. "Somebody shove some pizza in my face."

"Well, Carleigh knows what she wants," Jazzy laughs. "Is everybody good with pizza?"

The girls all nod, so Jazzy pulls out her phone and searches the internet for somewhere to get pizza. Eventually, she finds somewhere, which is conveniently within walking distance of the theater, so they all decide to walk. It's a beautiful night. The temperature is not too hot, and not too cold, and there isn't a cloud in the sky.

"The stars are so pretty," Jessa remarks, as they are walking.

"They really are. That's one downfall to living in New York. The lights are too bright to see the stars," Araella says, sadly.

Jazzy directs the group to turn the corner, and as they do so, Pippa hears someone calling her name, and Jazzy's name, behind her. She turns around and sees a young teenage girl coming up to her.

"Wait up guys," Jazzy requests. The two walk up to the girl.

"That's us," Pippa laughs. "Are you a fan of Hamilton?"

"Yes!" she squeals. "Can I have a picture with you?"

"Of course! We have some of the others with us, if you want pictures with them, too. I'm sure that they wouldn't mind!" Pippa offers.

"Oh my goodness!" the young girl squeals again. Pippa guesses her to be about 13 or 14.

They have Araella take a picture of the three of them, and then, the whole group gets into a selfie.

"Are you coming to see the show?" Jazzy asks her, once they're done taking pictures.

"No," she says, sadly. "My dad just got laid off of work, so we couldn't get the money for the tickets."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Jazzy offers her condolences.

"Uh, we are all sold out, but do you want to come watch our dress rehearsal tomorrow?" Pippa offers. "I mean, I'm sure that Lin won't mind!"

"Are you serious?" she asks, a smile growing on her face.

"Of course! Can you write your name and phone number down on this piece of paper? I'll have the theater contact you with the details," Pippa says.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!" she squeals, excitedly.

"No problem! I hope to see you tomorrow," Pippa looks at the paper, "Mallory."

"Thank you so much, again!" Mallory tells Pippa and Jazzy, giving them hugs, before running back off into the night.

"Cute kid," Jazzy remarks. "I hope she gets home safe."

Soon, the girls find the pizza place, and head inside. They are all seated at a huge table. Jazzy, Pippa, Kaitlyn, and Araella sit on one side of the table, and Lana, Jessa, Alysha, and Carleigh sit on the other side. They order 4 pizzas, with various toppings on them, and then, they're all talking and laughing while they wait for their food to come.

Jazzy notices that Lana is looking at something on her phone, and seems to be unhappy about it.

"I'll be back," Lana says, standing up suddenly, and running away from the table.

The girls all exchange glances. They wonder what is going on with Lana.