Chapter 59

Before Pippa knew it, they all had packed their stuff up and they were preparing to fly to London for their next tour stop.

This time, it was very bittersweet. Lin would be leaving them after London, but Pippa was extremely excited for Anthony to propose to Jazzy. She was sure that Jazzy would accept.

They also were going to have to deal with James as he started to get put into the show in Brett's place. That was bound to be interesting. Pippa knew that Kaitlyn and Carleigh were not too thrilled about having to perform alongside Brett. She just hoped it turned out to be a Lana-like situation and eventually have a good outcome.

Speaking of Lana, Pippa had noticed that she refused to be anywhere near James at any point. She was slightly confused. Lana wasn't exactly the most friendly cast member, but she usually made an effort to greet the newer members. And Jessa and Lana seemed to suddenly be glued at the hip. Wherever Lana went, Jessa was there most of the time, too.

It was all so confused. Emotions were running high in the cast. Pippa knew Anthony was anxious about the proposal, Lin was eager to see Vanessa and go back home, and Pippa was just ready to have a drama-free tour stop.

Steven had texted her to tell her that he was probably going out of town, and he'd asked her if it was alright if he left her stuff in his apartment while he was away.

She'd said it was fine.

It disappointed Pippa that her and Steven's only conversations so far had been about her flooded apartment and her stuff, but she hoped that sometime their relationship would evolve.

Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

At the same time, her feelings scared her. The last time she'd felt like this, she'd ended up in a bad place. She didn't want it to happen again, but Steven didn't seem at all like the other guy. She hoped.

Something made her afraid, though. Trusting people was difficult for her now, after how her last boyfriend had treated her. She never wanted to go through that pain and fear again.

"Pippa!" Jazzy's voice pulled Pippa out of her thoughts.

"What?"

"I've been asking you for five minutes straight, but did you want to sit together on the plane over?" Jazzy asked.

"You should sit with Anthony. I think he's been missing you," Pippa said quickly. "I'll find someone else to sit next to."

"Are you sure?" Jazzy asked, frowning. "I don't mind leaving Anthony to sit with you."

"No! Sit with him!" Pippa exclaimed. "I'll ask Carleigh if she wants to sit with me."

~~~~

A day later, they all boarded the plane once more. Carleigh had been thrilled to sit next to Pippa, and they immediately started playing a Connect-4 game through text. So far, Carleigh was winning.

"Do you think the tour will get extended at all?" Carleigh asked.

"I'm not sure. It depends if they can get the majority of the actors to renew their contracts," Pippa said thoughtfully. "If they did, would you stay with it?"

"I'm not sure. I've had a lot of good experiences with this show, but I might need a break from Hamilton after this. Traveling constantly is difficult, and I haven't seen some really good friends in a while, because they live in New York City," Carleigh replied. "I would think about it though."

"What if you could be Eliza?" Pippa asked.

Carleigh looked surprised. "You wouldn't stay?"

"I don't know, traveling makes me tired. I love this tour, but there's also a lot of drama, and we'll never get close to such an amazing cast like this. I might want to go back to New York City and see what I can find there," Pippa told Carleigh.

"I don't know what I would do if they offered Eliza to me. I love the role, and I love everything that has to do with understudying her, but I know that I'd never be as good as you, and also, I love being in ensemble so much. I created so many good memories from ensemble, and the people there are just fantastic. I don't know," Carleigh said.

"That makes a lot of sense, but Carleigh, you are every bit as talented as I am," Pippa said. "You're a fantastic dancer and your singing has grown so much. I think that you could be an amazing Eliza."

"Thank you, Pippa, that means so much, coming from you," Carleigh told her. "And I just won our Connect 4 game, so clearly talking while playing is not your strong suit."

Pippa looked down at her phone, and, sure enough, she'd just lost. Carleigh's win could have even been prevented, but Pippa hadn't really been focusing on the game.

"I see how it is, Carleigh. I feed you compliments and then you beat me in Connect 4."

"I mean, whatever it takes. You just happened to fall for my evil plot," Carleigh laughed.

"I demand a rematch at some point," Pippa said.

"Do you know how far into the flight we are?" Carleigh asked.

"Maybe two hours. We still have a long way to go," Pippa said. "If you ever want to get out, then just let me know. Even if I'm asleep, just climb over me or something."

"If I do, I'll try not to bother you. I think I'm going to just relax for a while, but at some point I will probably get up to stretch and talk to Alysha."

"Alright."

Pippa put in her earbuds and started listening to Tangled's cast recording. Hearing Kaitlyn sing was entertaining, and she was fantastic. Pippa was so used to hearing Kaitlyn sing in the style of Hamilton that hearing Kaitlyn's Disney voice was different.

And Pippa had never really heard Araella sing alone before, and she was good. Really good.

Pippa was so excited for London. It was bound to be a new experience.