Chapter 152

I CAN EXPLAIN I BASE THE CHAPTER NUMBERS OFF OF THE DRAFT NUMBER AND THERE WERE TWO RANDOM DRAFTS SO THE NUMBERING WAS OFF I'M SO SORRY but here's 152

In between the dress rehearsal and the opening night show, the cast eats tacos and decides to try and catch Lin on FaceTime. The girls all want to see baby Averie.

When he picks up, he greets them with his signature "Hello, hello, hello!"

Jazzy waves, with lettuce hanging out of her mouth, causing everyone to laugh.

"How's the tour?" Lin asks. "I miss you all so much."

"It's good. We all took a few days of and just got back for one rehearsal before our opening tonight," Pippa explains.

"We are probably going to pay for that onstage," Carleigh calls from the back of the group, causing everyone to laugh.

"No, it's good that you guys took a break. It's keeping you sane," Lin laughs. "Well, it's keeping most of you sane. Some of you, Carleigh, don't have any sanity in them to begin with."

The girls all giggle, but nobody is able to deny that fact, because of the truth behind it.

"How's Averie?" Jazzy asks.

"She's great!" Lin replies. "Do you guys want to see her?"

"YES!" everyone exclaims. Lin laughs and carries his phone into the nursery, showing a picture of Averie cuddling with her velociraptor stuffed animal.

Carleigh squeals. "She likes it!"

"Believe it or not, it is her favorite..." Lin rolls his eyes.

"Can babies that young even have favorites?" Kaitlyn murmurs.

"Surprisingly, yes," Lin chuckles. "I know, it's weird."

Lin pulls Averie out of her crib and holds her in one hand, and the phone in the other.

"Averie, say hi!" Lin tells his daughter, who smiles at the camera.

"Oh, Lin, she's so adorable!" Pippa squeals. "I can't wait to get back and meet her in person."

"She'll be all grown up by the time that you get back!" Lin laughs.

"Well, I mean, babies grow a little bit slower than that," Jazzy interjects, laughing. "We will come by as soon as the tour is over, though, just to be safe."

"I can't believe that the tour is almost over..." Lin says. "It seems like just yesterday we were all on that bus to Portland, and Pippa was dying of sickness..."

"Don't remind me," Pippa rolls her eyes. "I've been healthy recently, thank God."

"I think that having a boyfriend is good for her," Jazzy pokes. Pippa blushes a deep scarlet.

"Oh, I heard about your good news, Pips. Congratulations, on part of the whole Miranda clan. We can't wait to come see the show."

"Thank you so much!" Pippa exclaims, with a giant smile on her face. "We, Steven and I, are super excited about the production."

"As you should be. Now, do you others have plans lined up after the tour ends? I know some of you are going on the second round..."

"I'm getting married!" Jazzy exclaims.

"Most of us are staying," Lana tells Lin. "I am really excited about the cast, though. We are in good hands."

"I know. I was heavily involved in the casting choices, and I know that they will all add a lot to the production."

"I can't speak for the rest of the second round performers, but I know that Addy is super excited... we caught up over our break."

"Oh, Kasey is ecstatic, too," Carleigh tells Lin. "We are going to have a great time on tour."

"Don't get too wild, you two," Lin laughs. "I know that you're the best of friends, though, so it will be lots of fun for both of you."

"We are going to go be blissfully happy and prance around European cities... of course it's going to be fun!" Carleigh squeals.

They all laugh.

After talking to Lin for a few more minutes, the girls realize that they need to go get ready for the show. They say goodbye to Lin with a promise of talking again, sooner rather than later, and then hang up.

In the Schuyler Sister's dressing room, the nerves are beginning to get to the girls.

"Remember how bad we were after Christmas break? We should have had more than one rehearsal before we open..." Lana frets.

"That is probably true, but we will just have to make do with the one that we had. We could all do this show in our sleep by this point..." Pippa tries to console her friend.

"Just don't tear any wrist ligaments and it'll all be good..." Jazzy laughs.

"Hey, I think that Lana needs to experience it just so that all of us can say that we had the same wrist injury... me during Amelie and you two during Hamilton," Pippa laughs. Lana rolls her eyes.

"I'll have to pass on that offer."

"Yeah, okay, that's fair," Pippa giggles.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your half-hour call. Break a leg on your opening night in Rio!"

The girls squeal. Opening night will never get any less exciting, and that's part of what has made this tour so much fun for them.