Chapter 73

The entire cast boarded their flight later that night. Pippa decided that she would sit with Jazzy for most of the flight, but then halfway through she told Anthony that she'd swap seats with him.

"So. Steven," Jazzy said as soon as Pippa sat down.

"Jeez, Jas, calm down," Pippa laughed. "I literally just sat down."

"True, but this is important. You need to make sure that you keep him. He seems like a good dude," Jazzy told her. "You're my only Schuyler Sister other than Lana that doesn't have a soul mate yet, and I want to make sure it happens."

"I doubt that we're soul mates, and Jazzy, you and Renee are the only ones who have soul mates. It's only fifty percent," Pippa reminded Jazzy.

"Technicalities," Jazzy said, waving her hand dismissively. "Still. How do you want to play this?"

Pippa blinked. "Play what?"

Jazzy rolled her eyes. "How do you want to appear to Steven?"

"I don't know... why do I have to plan out how I'm going to talk to a guy? Then if we ever talk he's going to think that I'm completely different," Pippa said anxiously.

"Pip," Jazzy said seriously. "Not necessarily how you're going to appear, but you need to progress in this relationship if you ever want to find out if it will work. You need a way to do that without seeming pushy, because I know you're not pushy."

"I have no idea... I honestly don't think about that kind of stuff, Jazzy," Pippa admitted.

"Okay, I'm uninviting you to my house for Christmas," Jazzy said decisively.

"What?!" Pippa exclaimed.

"Calm down. That way you can go back to your apartment and you and Steven with your lonely little hearts can discover that you have no one to celebrate Christmas with you, and then you can celebrate together. It's perfect," Jazzy said

"Isn't that a little manipulative?" Pippa asked doubtfully.

"No, because you really don't have anyone to celebrate Christmas with if you're not celebrating with Anthony and I," Jazzy said matter-of-factly.

Pippa was a little stunned. "I never knew you were so harsh, Jazzy," she mused.

"I can't help it if I want my little sister to have a soul mate," Jazzy said.

"Aww, Jazzy," Pippa said. "Thanks."

"Of course- sisters before misters!" Jazzy laughed. "Even Anthony."

"What about Anthony?" Anthony demanded, peeking over Jazzy's seat. "Did I hear that Pippa comes before me?"

"No," Jazzy said instantly.

"Cause I totally understand, because Pippa is too pure to be lower in your priority list," Anthony continued.

"I'm older than you!" Pippa protested.

"I'm older in spirit," Anthony said. "Which makes me ultimately older, plus I'm a lot taller than you."

"That doesn't count for anything at all," Pippa said, pouting.

"Well, too bad, you're Jazzy's favorite," Anthony laughed. "I'm second behind you. I'll only be ahead of you when Jazzy corrupts your soul like she did to mine."

"I did not!" Jazzy said, smacking Anthony with Pippa's cinnamon roll pillow.

"See, Pippa would never hit me," Anthony complained.

"I would," Pippa retorted.

"Any takers for Sorry?" Kaitlyn shouted from the other side of the plane.

"NO!" the cast shouted back collectively.

"No one wants to lose again," Daveed told her. "I'll challenge you in Battleship though."

"Alright," Kaitlyn said, after a pause. "But then, if I win, you're also playing me in Sorry."

"Deal," Daveed said.

"And you have to be the Disney princesses," Kaitlyn added.

"Obviously," he said, rolling his eyes. "I would have chosen those anyway."

Brett and Lana were attempting to teach Carleigh how to play Spoons, which, judging by Lana's impatient guidance, was not going that well.

"Carleigh, do you honestly not know how to play Spoons?" Brett asked.

"Actually, I do, it's just entertaining to watch you guys struggle," Carleigh laughed. Lana groaned and flopped out of her seat, accidentally semi-backflipping into the aisle. She recovered quickly and stood up.

"You seriously just wasted our time just to laugh at us..." Lana complained.

"You have to admit, I pulled it off really well," Carleigh said.

"Your idea of humor must have sunk pretty low," Lana told her.

"At this point it has, because I stayed up all night last night because I was cold and I was also too lazy to get my blanket from the other side of the room," Carleigh admitted.

"That's rather unfortunate," Lana said dryly.

"It was."

"HA I WON!" Kaitlyn exclaimed. Daveed groaned.

"This is going to be the longest flight ever," he muttered under his breath.