Chapter 110

Jazzy snaps awake and grabs her wrist in pain. She wants to groan, but doesn't want to wake up Pippa, so she bites her lip.

Using her phone as a flashlight, she decides to see what it looks like, and she cringes a bit. It is bruised and swelling up a bit. She can still move it, though it hurts, so it probably isn't broken, she decides, but she isn't a medical professional, so who knows?

She decides that she will be okay if she just goes easy on it today, and rolls over in an attempt to go back to sleep, since it is only 6 in the morning.

Soon, though, she realizes that that probably isn't going to happen, and sighs. She pulls out her phone and begins to scroll through her social media feeds.

At about 6:45, she gets a text from Anthony.

Anthony: Hey babe, are you awake?

Jazzy: Yeah

Anthony: How's the wrist?

Jazzy: Oh, it's fine. It's a bit sore, but I'll be okay.

Anthony: Jazzy...

Jazzy: Ant, I'll be fine, really.

Anthony: Will you meet me down in the lobby?

Jazzy: Sure? That was random...

Anthony: Just get dressed and come down. I have a surprise for you!

Jazzy doesn't know what kind of surprise Ant would have for her this early in the morning, but she decides not to argue. She throws on a white shirt with ¾ length sleeves and jeans, then runs a brush through her hair and puts on some mascara and lipstick. After that, she writes a quick note to Pippa telling her where she is, grabs her purse, and walks down to the lobby, where Anthony is already waiting.

"Jazzy!" he exclaims, pulling her into a kiss. "How's my lovely fiancee?"

He tactfully grabs her hand and pulls it up to look at her wrist. Jazzy doesn't realize what he's doing, though.

Now that Jazzy sees it in the light of the hotel lobby, she realizes that it was bruised a bit worse than she thought it was. She still doesn't think it is a problem, though. She hopes that Ant won't notice it, because she doesn't want to have to go to the doctor. If it's broken, then that will put her out of the show for too long.

"Can we go?" Anthony asks, beckoning towards the door.

"Sure," Jazzy replies, and he leads her outside and down the block.

She doesn't even realize where they are headed until he leads her in a set of sliding doors, and whispers to her "I'm doing this because I love you."

Jazzy realizes that they're at a walk-in clinic, and her face turns red with anger and embarrassment.

"Anthony, I told you. I was, and still am, fine!" she exclaims.

"Jazzy, I don't think that you are. That seriously looks bad," he says, motioning to her wrist.

Before Jazzy can protest, a man in a white coat comes out of a door.

"Ms. Jones?" he asks.

"That's me," she rolls her eyes.

"Please come this way," he says, taking her through the door and down a hallway. Anthony follows behind them, because he knows that she is probably not going to cooperate.

The doctor has her sit down on an examination table, and she holds her wrist firmly as she sits there.

"So, what seems to be the problem?"