Chapter 172

As Pippa is in rehearsal one day, Steven gets a text.

Lin: heyyyyy, did I see on twitter that you're with pippa in orlando right now?

Steven: yeah, I am, why?

Lin: Could you help me with something?

Steven: What do you need?

Lin: I might be in Orlando right now... I need you to hide me backstage tonight at the show... I want to surprise the cast...

Steven: oh god. i can try, but I'm not exactly a big shot at the tour, considering that I'm not even cast. some of the crew members don't even like me hanging backstage...

Lin: I mean, I can deal with the crew easily. I have a little bit of power on this tour... if you can just distract the others somehow...

Steven: oh god why did i agree to this?

Lin: Thanks so much, man. You're the best.

Steven rolls his eyes as he sets his phone down. The situations that he finds himself in sometimes...

He hopes that Lin has more of a plan than what he has been told, but he has a sneaking suspicion that there is nothing more to the plan.

Steven takes Pippa out for a quick dinner before the show, and it is hard to keep the secret, but soon, they find themselves backstage at the theatre. When the entire cast is called to their places, Steven sneaks to the stage door, and Lin is standing there.

"Okay, so I found an extra dressing room that we can probably stick you in..." Steven begins.

"Perfect," Lin replies.

"I would stay back there with you, but Pippa might kill me, so it looks like you're going to be on your own."

"Why would Pippa kill you?" Lin laughs. "I can't really picture Pippa, of all people, killing anyone."

"She likes to steal kisses in between songs, if you know what I mean."

"Oh," Lin nods. "That makes sense."

"Don't get me wrong, it isn't like I mind it, because I love it..."

Lin laughs. "I'm so glad that you two are happy together. Do you think that you'll ever get married?"

Steven blinks at Lin. "Is that a joke or do you seriously not know?"

Lin gives Steven a blank stare.

"Okay, you don't know... I proposed to her the other day."

"Oh my gosh! That's so exciting for you guys!" Lin exclaims. "I'm assuming she said yes?"

Steven nods.

"Congrats you two."

Over the intercom in the spare dressing room, they hear 'Alexander Hamilton' concluding.

"I'd better get back to Pippa's room or she'll suspect something. Lock the door after I leave. I'll knock seven times if I want to get back in."

"Alright. I'll see you later?"

"If not before, then after the show I'll come get you," Steven promises. "They'll all be thrilled to see you."

Steven manages to sneak back into Lin's dressing room one more time throughout the course of the show, and then, after, Steven requests for all of the cast to come to the stage. Everyone thinks this is super weird, especially Pippa, who spends a solid five minutes trying to guess why while she is getting out of her Eliza dress, but Steven's lips are sealed, even for her.

"You'll find out soon enough," he says.

Once the entire cast has gathered, Steven strolls onto the stage with Lin following behind him.

"So, there was someone who wanted to see you," Steven begins.

Pippa notices first, and screams, running up and first wrapping Lin in a hug, and then Steven in one that is even tighter. The rest of the cast follows, giving Lin hugs. Obviously, they don't hug Steven, though. That's a pleasure for only Pippa to enjoy.

After the entire cast greets Lin, a conversation starts up about the second round of shows.

"I'm sending them all down to watch the show near the end of your run, just so that they can check it out. I'm sure that many of you are aware that there are little differences from the Broadway and Chicago productions. After you close, there will be two weeks of break before those of you who are returning will need to begin rehearsals, which should last for two more weeks, for round two back in New York City," Lin explains. "I've been working with the new tour members back home, and they're looking great, so it should be a really smooth transition."

Since it is late, the cast only sticks around for a few more minutes, discussing the tour, before everyone disbands to head back to the hotel. As they're leaving the stage, Lin pulls aside Pippa, Steven, Jazzy, and Anthony.

"Hey, Vanessa and the kids are back in the hotel room, but we are heading to Magic Kingdom tomorrow... would you guys be interested in joining?" Lin asks. Pippa's face lights up at this offer. Not only will she get to see Vanessa, one of her best friends, but she would also get to meet baby Averie.

Steven can tell that Pippa likes the idea, so answers for both of them, saying that they would love to.

"We would too. It sounds like fun," Jazzy says.

"Great! Can we meet in the lobby of the hotel at 7:30 tomorrow morning? Vanessa and I wanted to take advantage of the extra Magic Hours."

"That sounds perfect," Pippa smiles. "Are you staying in the same resort as us?"

"Yeah," Lin nods.

"Great. We will see you then!" Jazzy smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ooof it's been a while guys! how's life going? hope everyone is having a great spooky month!

~ann