Chapter 184

Steven sits down next to Pippa in the chair that she has been saving for him just as the film starts.

"Where were you?" she whispers to him.

"Oh my god, I got so lost," he chuckles. "You look gorgeous, by the way. As always."

"How did you get lost walking two blocks?" Pippa raises her eyebrows.

"Well... look, can I explain the story later? It's a long one. Just watch the movie."

Pippa rolls her eyes, but nods, and rests her head on her fiance's shoulder to watch the video.

"Look at how gorgeous you look," Steven whispers to her, upon a clip rolling of rehearsal for 'Take A Break.' Then, one from China plays. "Oh, hon, you don't look too good there."

Pippa scoffs. "That was a day that I've spent the last how many months trying to forget. I had the most disgusting allergic reaction to some eggs that day... and I had forgotten my pills..."

"Babe, you've gotta be more careful," he tells her.

"I know... it's hard, though, when you don't speak Chinese."

"Fair enough," Steven laughs.

There are clips of the rehearsals from every city, and that part lasts for about half an hour. After that finishes up, the lights come back up in the room. "We are going to let our filmed show in Australia play out, but feel free to enjoy the party while that is playing, since it is long. It has been my honor to work with all of you. Happy trails everybody," Daveed announces.

The response is a chorus of cheers, before people begin to get out of their seats.

"So, mister..." Pippa teases, "you have a story for me?"

"I mean... it isn't much. I know that it's hard to get lost walking two blocks, but I had to go a little bit out of my way to pick something up."

At that, Steven reaches into the pocket on the inside of his suit jacket, and pulls out a package. "For you, my lady. Congratulations on an amazing run."

Pippa feels herself blushing as she accepts the package. "I love you so much." She rips back the wrapping paper and finds a gorgeous picture frame which is inscribed with the words "Best of wives and best of women" in swirly, cursive writing. Inside of the frame is a picture of the two of them embraced in a kiss, at Magic Kingdom right after the proposal.

"Oh my god, Steve, this is gorgeous," Pippa says, tearing up, yet again. "Thank you so much."

"There's a perfect space for that at home, on the wall, right above our bed," he informs her.

"Wait, isn't that where you had your picture from your Broadway debut?" Pippa raises her eyebrows.

"I think that this one is a little bit more important," he tells her, giving her cheek a kiss.

At this point, tears begin falling down Pippa's cheeks. "You are the absolute best."

"I love you, sweetheart." After the couple shares a moment of silence, looking at the picture and thinking back on the memories that they have made, Steven suggests that they go get some cake.

Hand in hand, the couple walks over to the food table, where they get glasses of wine and slices of the rich chocolate cake, then, they go sit back down at their table. Jazzy and Anthony are already there.

"Hey, great last show you two," Steven smiles.

"Thanks!" Jazzy replies. "I'm really going to miss this."

"Same here," Anthony sighs.

"Won't we all," Pippa says.

"I'll be glad to have this one home, though," Steven winks, wrapping his arm around Pippa.

The couple continues to talk with Jazzy and Anthony, while digging into the cake.

"This is delicious," Pippa remarks.

"We should have this cake at our wedding," Steven replies.

"This exact cake?" Pippa questions.

"Yes, everybody needs to cough it up so that we can have it again," he retorts.

"That's disgusting!" Pippa squeals. "You know what I mean... if we want this cake, then we are going to have to get married in Florida, because I'm pretty sure it's from a local bakery."

"Well, I don't know if choosing our wedding venue based on the cake is the most sophisticated option, but I'd be open to it..." Steven teases.

"No!" Pippa laughs.

"Fair enough," he smiles, patting her back.

"Hey, when are you guys flying back to New York?" Jazzy asks the couple.

"The day after tomorrow," Pippa replies. "We are having a final day in the parks tomorrow, and then the farewell dinner tomorrow night, of course."

"Oh yeah, weren't you in charge of planning it?" Anthony asks.

"Yeah. It should be nice."

"That's good," Jazzy tells Pippa. "It's going to be so sad."

"I'm trying to forget that fact," Pippa sighs. "I still can't believe that it's all over."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the feels are gonna hit me so hard you guys