Chapter 83

They all took a break for the rest of the day. Pippa, Jazzy, and Kaitlyn decided to FaceTime Renee. They sat in the balcony so they didn't disturb anyone else. Pippa loved the view from the balcony- it made the stage look so small. And seeing the theatre from an audience perspective was always refreshing.

"Hey, Renee!" Jazzy exclaimed.

"Hello, Pippa, Jazzy, and Kaitlyn!" Renee replied, waving. "This is a nice surprise."

"Yeah, we're snowed in. We're stuck in the theatre for at least another day, and they canceled the show for tonight," Jazzy explained. "We decided to talk to you, instead!"

"That stinks," Renee said sympathetically. "How is the show, by the way?"

"It's going really well... we had a couple of really intense rehearsals but we're on break right now."

"That's good, I'm glad to hear that it's going well. Where are the rest of the girls?" Renee asked.

"Well, Carleigh is still dancing, because honestly, I think she's overthinking a critique that Daveed gave her yesterday. Lana's sick, so she's curled up under a blanket somewhere, and I think that the other ensemble girls are doing each other's hair and doing an Instagram live," Pippa said.

"Wait, what about Carleigh and Daveed?"

"He was begin intense during rehearsal and he may or may not have kicked Carleigh offstage, for mistakes that were perfectly reasonable to make. She was tired, and James, the new ensemblist, wasn't making things any better," Kaitlyn explained.

"I'll have to text her, then," Renee said instantly. "It's good that you aren't rehearsing anymore. It sounds like everyone is very worn out."

"That's accurate," Jazzy muttered.

"Have you guys thought about what will happen when the tour goes on its second run?" Renee asked, looking at them all. Pippa and Jazzy exchanged glances.

"Not really," Pippa admitted. "I don't think anyone really wants to talk about it at this point. We all want to stay together forever."

Renee smiled slightly. "I know that it's hard to talk about the cast splitting up, but it's going to happen eventually," she reminded them. "Don't wait until last minute. It's not a decision to take lightly at all."

"Would you consider coming along on the second run?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I think not," Renee said regretfully. "I have a lovely family. Not that you three don't, but when you have children, it makes going on tour so much more difficult. Plus, Lana is more than capable. Angelica is in good hands."

"Aw, Renee, we'd love to have you though," Kaitlyn said.

"So how is the show doing without Lin?"

"It's interesting, to say the least," Pippa told Renee. "It's definitely an adventure. James, the ensemble replacement, definitely needs some tutoring. Brett's doing a great job. He's an amazing Hamilton. It is a little awkward kissing him."

"You'd better not enjoy it," Kaitlyn threatened.

"Trust me, I don't enjoy it," Pippa reassured her.

"That's good news! About Brett, I mean," Renee exclaimed. "How's Anthony?"

"Anthony is amazing," Jazzy informed Renee. "He's been so great. I'm super thrilled and happy, which is so nice."

"I'm glad, Jazzy."

"He's the best, honestly," Jazzy admitted.

"I'm gonna go and make sure Lana isn't dead," Kaitlyn said. "See you later, Renee."

"Bye, Kaitlyn," Renee waved. "Have fun!"

"I will," Kaitlyn laughed. She stood and walked away.

"What are your plans for the holidays?" Renee asked Jazzy and Pippa. "I know you're getting a week off."

"I'm staying with Anthony, and we're maybe going to see his family," Jazzy said. "I'm excited- it's going to be fun."

"What about you, Pippa?"

"I'm staying home alone."

"Why?!" Renee exclaimed.

"Well, Jazzy is trying to hook me up so she banished me from her holiday celebrations," Pippa said, glaring at Jazzy.

"It's not my fault that you need someone to matchmake for you," Jazzy retorted. "You just needed some encouragement."

"Wait, who's this we're talking about?!" Renee demanded. "Pippa, why haven't you told me about this?"

"The guy is Steven, and he lives in her apartment building, and he's a theatre nerd too," Jazzy butted in.

"JAZZY," Pippa complained.

"Sorry, not sorry," Jazzy said.

"That's fantastic, Pippa! When did you two meet?" Renee said excitedly.

"Well, we don't know each other that well. We've spoken a few times and he's keeping my stuff for now, because my apartment flooded while I was gone," Pippa explained. "We've been texting. He's a really nice guy."

Renee looked slightly startled, but pleased. "That's so amazing, Pippa. I'm glad you've finally found someone who deserves you."

"I wouldn't go that far yet."