Chapter 52

"You seem extraordinarily happy tonight," Jazzy comments to Pippa, as they walk back to their hotel room.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"I mean that you've been glowing ever since you were texting someone for fifteen minutes in the middle of the movie. So, spill it. Who were you texting?"

"Oh, just... somebody," Pippa says, blushing, as she inserts her key card into the door of their room.

Jazzy grabs Pippa and tackles her down onto her bed.

"Tell me who you were texting, Phillipa Soo!"

Pippa shoves Jazzy off of her, and feels her face getting even warmer from her blush.

"Steven," she whispers in a tone that is barely audible.

"What's that? A little louder, please," Jazzy smirks.

"Steven," Pippa says, breaking into a smile.

"Ahhh!" Jazzy screams. "My little Pippa has the crushies!"

Pippa hugs her knees to her chest and hides her face, allowing her hair to fall down around her, to conceal the bright shade of red that she is.

"Don't try to deny it!" Jazzy squeals. "Can I read your conversation?"

"Ugh, fine," Pippa says, handing over her phone. Jazzy puts in her thumbprint and opens up their text messages.

"Oh, honey," she mutters, while reading the texts, "you've got it bad."

"What?"

"Nobody should be that excited over having a conversation about their apartment getting flooded and their stuff being in the possession of a fat drunk guy."

Pippa can't help but giggle at that. It's a pretty accurate description of Carl, and Jazzy knows it.

"I am sad that my apartment is ruined, though," she admits. "I mean, I'm sure that it's fixable, and I'm not accountable for it since it was out of my control, but it seems like I had just finished making it perfect."

"If you need a place to crash after the tour, you know that you're always welcome with Anthony and me," Jazzy promises.

"Thanks, Jas," Pippa replies. "I may need somewhere to stay over Christmas."

"Of course, I'm sure that Steven would be happy to house you as well..."

"Uh, I'm good. I'll stay with you," she says.

"I figured," Jazzy rolls her eyes. "But, you know, I'm great to talk about boys with if you ever need someone."

"I know. It's just weird for me. I don't usually get crushes, and when I do, it feels like my whole world is falling apart."

"How long have you known that you liked him?" Jazzy asks.

"A little less than a year," Pippa admits.

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Jazzy shrieks.

"Shh, Jazzy. I didn't tell you because I didn't want a big reaction- like what you just did."

"Sorry," Jazzy replies, "I just can't believe that you've been keeping this bottled up inside of you for that long. I'm not sure that's healthy."

Pippa giggles. "I mean, I feel fine about it. I think you're the one that's mad."

"You've got me there," Jazzy rolls her eyes. "You're a pretty great actress, ya know?"

"I mean, I did go to Juilliard for a reason," Pippa laughs.

"No, I mean... I would never be able to keep anything from you for that long."

"Trust me, I know," Pippa smirks, remembering all of the times that Jazzy has told her things that contained way too much information.

"Yeah, you're the victim of all of my life rants," Jazzy agrees.

They sit in silence for a minute, lost deep in thought, and then, Pippa speaks.

"I'm pretty tired. I think that I'm going to hit the sack."

"Alright. I'm exhausted too. Goodnight Pippa."

"Goodnight Jazzy. And Jas?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For everything."

"Hey, that's what friends are for," Jazzy tells Pippa.

The next morning, Pippa wakes up, and Jazzy is still asleep. She quietly puts on a sweater dress and her moccasins, then heads downstairs to the continental breakfast at the hotel. Pippa pours herself a bowl of Cheerios, and then sits down at a small table in the corner, all by herself. She is watching the news, grimacing at the latest stupid tweet sent out by the unfortunate president, when she hears someone come up behind her.

"Hey Pippa," Anthony says.

"Ant!" Pippa replies. "How are you?"

"I'm good! Do you mind if I sit with you?"

"Of course you can! Jazzy is still asleep though."

"I figured. That's fine. I sort of wanted to talk to you, in private, anyway."

"Oh?"

"Well, I needed to ask you for some advice," Anthony begins.He starts to fidget, as he continues to speak. "I mean, you're a girl. Not only that, you know Jazzy as well as I do. I was hoping that you could give me relationship advice."

"I swear, if you want to break up with her, I will personally come and hurt you," Pippa threatens.

"Oh my god, no! As the matter of fact, exactly the opposite."

Pippa's eyes widen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys are gonna kill us haha :)