Chapter 143

Carleigh still felt like crap. She hadn't even attended the cast announcement because she took an early flight back to the United States. She'd asked Kaitlyn to take a picture of the results when they were posted.

A few hours after she got home, she finally got a text from Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn: you'll be very happy to hear who's playing Woman 5

Carleigh: who is it

Kaitlyn: your bff, kasey!!!

Carleigh: WHAT REALLY

Kaitlyn: yup, daveed announced it. i'll send you a picture of the entire list in a minute, i'm walking to the hotel and multitasking while walking isn't great

Carleigh: thanks

Kaitlyn: feeling better?

Carleigh: not really, hopefully the early flight helps. when is your flight back to the US?

Kaitlyn: it's in two days, i'm the last cast member to leave, sadly

Carleigh: that sucks

Kaitlyn: yeah, it does, i'll literally be alone in the hotel after tomorrow because araella, jessa, and oak are all flying out together

Carleigh: well, i need to go take more medicine so we can facetime later and you can tell me all about how creepy the hotel gets

Kaitlyn: wow, thanks, love you too carleigh

Carleigh: don't judge me i'm running on little sleep

Carleigh went to the bathroom to take more cough medicine. She had scheduled a doctor's appointment for the next day, praying that it got better.

After taking her medicine, Carleigh flopped back onto her couch to watch Netflix and text Kasey.

Carleigh: KASEY FREAKIN WINSLOW WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU REAUDITIONED FOR HAM

Kasey: CAUSE IT WAS A SURPRISE

Carleigh: WELL THANK THE LORD THAT YOU'RE GOING TO JOIN UP

Kasey: i know, i'm excited

Carleigh: where are you right now?

Kasey: in your closet

Carleigh: shut up

Kasey: i'm at toys r us looking for a gift for averie miranda for real

Carleigh: we need to get together soon

Kasey: okay haha, we will, but i really gotta skirt skirt because life

After that, Carleigh decided to take a nap. She was so sick of being sick- that was the struggle of being on tour- germs were everywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, she was back in the states again. Jazzy loved being abroad, sure, but there was nothing quite like New York City. Plus, all of her old Hamilton friends were there, too which made it more fun. As much as she loved everyone else in the tour, being around the same people all the time could get exhausting.

She was sitting in a cafe waiting for Renee and Pippa to show up. The three of them hadn't gotten together in forever- Jazzy hadn't realized how much she really did miss the original Schuyler Sister group. No hate on Lana, of course.

"Jasmine Cephas Jones," a voice said. Jazzy looked up. It was Renee. She jumped and threw her arms around her friend.

"Renee, I've missed you so much!" Jazzy squealed.

"I've missed you, too," Renee laughed. "Where's Pippa?"

"She's coming, she said she was on her way," Jazzy said.

Sure enough, a few minutes later, Pippa stepped in the door. After they all ordered, Renee showed them pictures of her kids.

"Speaking of, do you want kids?" Jazzy asked Pippa.

Pippa almost spilled her drink. "What the heck, Jaz!" she exclaimed. "Where did that come from?"

"Just wondering. You and Steven are awfully tight," Jazzy said, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm sure you've thought about it. You think through everything."

"I should be asking you. You're the one who's engaged."

"Speaking of..." Jazzy said. Pippa and Renee both turned so fast that Jazzy was sure that they gave themselves whiplash. "Would you two be the honor of being my bridesmaids?"

"Of course, Jazzy," Renee said instantly.

"OH MY GOSH OBVIOUSLY I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK," Pippa shouted, hugging Jazzy tightly. Jazzy laughed.

"I assumed you'd say yes, so I wasn't stressing too much," Jazzy explained. "And I don't know about kids. I love them, but I don't think I'm ready."

"I want them," Pippa said thoughtfully. "Something about them makes me so happy, like the idea of creating something so beautiful with someone else. It's just an amazing thought."

"I am confident you'll both be amazing parents if you ever decide that," Renee said. "How's the tour?"

"Well, we're officially not signed on to the second tour."

"How is that, by the way? Are you sad? Who's the next Schuyler Sisters?" Renee asked.

"Um, well, I'm sad, but I'm really excited for what's next. I'm auditioning for Sound of Music, so I'm looking forward to that," Pippa said. "Lana's Angelica; Addy, my cousin, is Eliza, and Savannah Rosario is Peggy/Maria."

"That's amazing," Renee said. "I'm excited for so many people."

"Me, too," Jazzy agreed. "Even though I'm sad about leaving, life is moving on, and that's exciting, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

happy spring break (thank god i feel like i've been in school forever)