Chapter 32

After the afternoon show, the tour company was running a special bus for any members of the cast, crew, or pit that wanted to go on the Sound of Music tour in the early evening. They have the night off; the only show was a matinee. Jazzy, Pippa, Kaitlyn, Lin, and Vanessa go, as well as a few crew and pit people, but not nearly as many people as they expected join them. Everyone wants to stay back at the hotel and rest. 

"You guys are so boring," Jazzy teases, as they say goodbye.

"But we will be the ones awake tomorrow," Anthony fires back, causing Jazzy to laugh. 

"Fair enough. You sure you don't want to come?"

"Yep. Have fun, babe," he says, kissing Jazzy. The group leaves, and heads to the tour meeting point. Since they're the only ones on the tour, they are able to leave right away. 

The tour guide is lively, and makes a lot of bad jokes as they drive around and see all of the different places. First, they see where the canoe scene was filmed, and then, they get to go see the gazebo from 'Sixteen Going On Seventeen.'

"Jazzy, be my Rolf!" Pippa commands, standing at the gazebo. Jazzy laughs, and starts to sing.
Pippa leaps around the outside of the gazebo, since they can't go inside of it. Lin can't help but laugh and videotape the two girls.
"Vanessa, be my Liesl," Lin says.
"God Lin, I have a baby inside of me. I can't dance like that," Vanessa groans.

"I tried," Lin tells Kaitlyn, laughing.

"I'll do it for you," Kait offers. "But there's no way we're gonna kiss."

"Oh Bick, really? You would do that for me?" Lin sings. Kaitlyn rolls her eyes. 

"Let's get this over with. Sing, Miranda."Lin follows Kaitlyn's command, leading her through the song, and this time, it's Pippa and Jazzy's turn to video tape. 

"Oh, Brett's going to love this video," Jazzy teases. 

"Don't you dare, Jasmine Cephas Jones!" Kaitlyn threatens, making fists as if she's going to punch her friend. Jazzy chuckles. 

"Don't worry. I won't show him!"

"Plus, he loves you. I think he'd actually find it rather cute," Pippa adds. Kaitlyn blushes upon hearing that Brett loves her. Of course, he's said it to her before, but it's different hearing Pippa say it. 

After the group all takes what probably adds up to a billion pictures at the gazebo, they get back on the bus and head out to Mondsee, Austria, where the wedding chapel is located.

"Just so that we are clear here, I'm not being your Captain Von Trapp if you want to re-enact the wedding scene," Jazzy tells Pippa. Pippa laughs. 

"Lin and I can do that one! It doesn't require any dancing!" Vanessa pipes up.

"I get to marry you again?" Lin asks, sounding very excited. 

"Can I marry you two?" Pippa asks, excitedly. "I mean, be the priest that officiates the wedding?" Lin can't help but laugh. 

"Knock yourself out, Pippa."

"We can be nuns and sing 'How do you solve a problem like Maria!'" Jazzy exclaims, but she pronounces "Maria" like "Mariah."

"Jazzy, it's pronounced Ma-ree-uh," Pippa says.

"Oh, I think we all know that Maria Reynolds was MUCH more problematic than Maria Von Trapp," Jazzy reminds her friend.

"Okay, I can't fight you on that one," Pippa laughs. Soon, the group pulls into the small, very traditional-looking town. 

"This is so cute! It's like something straight out of a fairytale!" Kaitlyn says. The other girls agree.  The tour director turns them loose, with directions to the church, and they decide to head there first. 

"Just meet back here in an hour and a half," the tour guide tells them all.

"Can we get apple strudel after this?" Pippa asks Lin. 

"Of course!" Lin tells her, smiling. "But I believe that I was promised a wedding first." Vanessa laughs, as Lin grabs her hand and starts running. 

"Again, Lin, I can't do this! I have a child inside of me!" Vanessa complains, her voice bouncing as she is being dragged behind Lin. Kaitlyn, Jazzy, and Pippa laugh, and run behind them.

They all quiet down from laughing before entering the church. Lin enlisted the pit's violinist to film them doing the wedding scene.

"Okay, Pip, we can go in, and then, in a minute, Nessa will come down the aisle and you marry us again, alright?" Lin goes over the plan.

"And we sing while she's walking down the aisle," Jazzy adds in, putting her arm around Kaitlyn and giving a cheesy smile.

"We've got this!" Kaitlyn laughs, and then, the group goes inside.

They take their positions in the empty church, and before they know it, Vanessa is walking down the aisle. 

"Do you, Lin-Manuel Miranda take Vanessa Nadal to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Pippa says, biting her lip to keep from laughing.

"I do."

"Do you, Vanessa Nadal, take Lin-Manuel Miranda to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." 

"The bride may now kiss the groom."

The 'nuns' and Pippa squeal as Vanessa and Lin kiss. The group admires the church for a little bit longer, before leaving to get strudel. After they're done, it's been about an hour and a half, so they head back to the bus and meet the tour guide, who puts on a movie and drives them all back safely to Salzburg. They're all really tired and know that they're going to sleep well that night. 

Pippa decides that it was one of the best days of her life.