Chapter 47

After the Cocoa Cruiser, they all decided to head over to the Tilt-a-Whirl. Kaitlyn loved it but Brett hated it.

"Just for that, Kait, we're riding Skyrush," Brett declared.

"You're the worst boyfriend ever," Pippa reprimanded him. "You're supposed to be the sympathetic one, not the mean one."

"We'll all be there. It's not like we're going to die," Brett said. Kaitlyn rolled her eyes.

"Just wait, we're going to fly off the track and smash on the ground like a couple of bird droppings," she said.

Despite Kaitlyn's protests, they all got in the forty-five minute line for Skyrush. Before they knew it, they were getting strapped into the seats.

They sat four across, somehow ending up in the front two rows. Kaitlyn was in the middle, with Brett on one side and Jazzy on the other. To Jazzy's right was Anthony. Behind them were Lana, Lin, Pippa, and Beckett.

"I hate you all," Kaitlyn groaned.

"Come on, Kait, just have fun with it," Brett said, squeezing her hand. Kaitlyn rolled her eyes but didn't move away.

The ride began to move forward and Kaitlyn immediately shut her eyes.

"Tell me when it's over," she said.

"Open your eyes, babe," Brett said. "It's worse if you close them."

"I don't want to see how high up we are," Kaitlyn said, keeping her eyes closed, and covering her eyes with her hands.

"Don't resist the motion of going downhill," Lana advised from the backseat. "I realized that when I went to Disney. Pushing back against the seat makes it even worse. Just let yourself fall."

"That's helpful but not helpful, Lana!" Kaitlyn shouted, her voice muffled.

On the other hand, Anthony and Jazzy were already bouncing with excitement at the roller coaster continued to climb up the hill. The ascent was so steep that they were all laying back in their seats. Kaitlyn already hated it.

"I want this to be over," she complained.

"It'll be over before you know it, I promise, Kait,"Brett told her, patting her knee. They were getting close to the top of the hill now.

"Never make me do this again," Kaitlyn said.

The car crested the top of the hill, and Jazzy shrieked. The first hill of a roller coaster always had that moment when the car reached the top of the hill, and everyone was in suspense. Then the car would go down the drop.

This time, it didn't.

"Wait, what?!" Jazzy exclaimed after she realized that they really weren't falling, like she had expected.

"We're apparently stuck," Lana said, groaning. "Of course this would happen to us."

Kaitlyn opened one eye. "So I didn't black out, like I was hoping I did? So it's not over?" she asked. Brett shook his head.

"We're stuck at the top of the hill," he told her. Kaitlyn immediately started freaking out.

"This is why we can't have nice things," she said. "This is why I don't trust people like you guys, because you're like 'Oh, nothing bad will happen' and LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW."

"Kait, calm down. It'll be fine. Someone will either shove us a little or we'll sit here until someone comes to get us," Brett told her.

"Plus, now we get an awesome view," Pippa said from the seat behind them. "When do you ever appreciate the view from the top of the hill?"

"That's the thing, I don't really appreciate the view from any heights of any kind," Kaitlyn said.

"But just look, we're so high up!" Pippa squealed happily.

"Shut up, Pippa, I love you, but I don't want to know how high up we are!"

"Just take a deep breath, Kaitlyn," Anthony advised. "It'll be over before you know it, and we'll have a good story to tell everyone when we get back."

"Ugh," Kaitlyn groaned. Brett smoothed her ponytail.

"You'll be okay," he reassured her.

"Whose idea was it to put us in the front seat?" Kaitlyn grumbled. "It makes it so much worse. I'm practically staring my death in the face."

"At least you're not screaming like Vanessa did when we rode the... the... the THINGS in Austria," Jazzy commented.

"Cable cars, Jazzy. They were called cable cars," Pippa said, rolling her eyes.

"I'm saving my wrath for when I'm not waiting to plunge to my death," Kaitlyn shot back. "I feel like any sudden movements will send us all down the hill."

"You're freaking out about two seconds of terror," Lana said. "Before you say 'I'm not throwing away my shot' we'll be done with this hill. The rest of the hills aren't as bad. Trust me, I've been to Hersheypark countless times."

"But it takes a long time to say 'I'm not throwing away my shot'," Kaitlyn mumbled.

"Fine, 'Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy', then," Lin said.

"We can even sing it on the way down the hill if you want, Kait," Jazzy offered. "Even the guys. It'd be fun, and then you wouldn't think about going down the hill."

"But I still would," Kaitlyn said.

"Maybe they won't even let us stay on the ride," Brett suggested. "They might make us walk down the stairs instead of continuing down the hill."

"That would be worse," Kaitlyn said immediately. "I would probably fall down the stairs and break my neck."

"You're such a drama queen," Beckett said, rolling his eyes.

"You said you didn't like the Flume, Beckett, so we can force you to go on that when we get off this," Pippa snapped. "You're so brave, Kait. I'm proud of you for even getting on this."

"You'd better be."

~~~~~~

Hey guys! I swear that updates will be more frequent, but right now I have stuff going on. Don't worry, by the end of the week I think it will be over. It's an audition, and it's a very thorough audition, so there's a lot of things I have to know. It's Wednesday, so it's coming up. RIP me.

~darkdisrepair