Chapter 30

"Nessa?" Lin asks, in disbelief. 

"Lin!" she screams, and runs to hug him.

"I've missed you so much!" Lin tells her, pulling Vanessa into a kiss. 

"I've missed you too, Lin. I, uh, actually came because I have to tell you something," she says, staring at the ground. "Uh, I have to tell everyone something."

A low murmur of excitement rises throughout the cast. Only Pippa, Jazzy, and Alex knows what's about to happen. "I want to film this!" Pippa squeals, pulling out her phone. Vanessa laughs. 

"You good, Pippa?"

"I'm filming," she replies. 

"Okay, so, Lin, this news is mostly for you," Vanessa says, resting her hands on her stomach. "Um, I'm pregnant."

"What?" Lin asks, his voice cracking a little bit out of shock. "Nessa, that's wonderful! How long have you known?"

"I've known about a month and a half, but I'm two and a half months along," Vanessa says. Lin places his hands on Vanessa's stomach and Vanessa blushes. 

"There's a kid in there," he whispers. 

"Just like last time," Nessa laughs. 

"Who knew before me?"

"Only Pippa, Jazzy, Alex, and your parents, since they're taking care of Seb back in New York."

"You didn't tell your parents yet?" Lin asks. 

"I wanted you to be as close to the first person that knows as possible. Pippa only knew because she guessed, and Jazzy and Alex only knew because they had to help with my transportation."

"Vanessa, I love you," Lin tells her. 

"Kiss!" Daveed stage-whispers. The couple laughs, and Vanessa grabs Lin's face and pulls him into a kiss. Pippa turns off her camera at that point. 

"Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for the new Miranda baby bean!" Pippa squeals.

"Pippa, I know you think you're up on the internet slang, but the kids said that three years ago," Lin laughs. 

"Whatever," Pippa groans.

"Need I bring back the cinnamon rolls incident?" he laughs. Pippa and Lin chuckle at the memory of the Ham4Ham show in which Lin had to explain to Pippa what it meant to be a "cinnamon roll."

"Okay, shut up Lin," Pippa laughs. "Maybe the definition of being a cinnamon roll means that you don't actually know what being a cinnamon roll is."

"Can't we just all be happy about the baby that's growing in Vanessa's tummy?" Jazzy interjects.
The whole company laughs. 

"Okay, when you put it like that, it just sounds weird," Vanessa chuckles.

"Sorry," Jazzy says, in a sing-song voice. 

"I can't believe that you're going to be a mommy again, Nessa," Pippa squeals, hugging her friend. "I can't wait until I am."

"Your time will come, sweetie," Vanessa promises. 

"You need a boyfriend first, Pippa," Jazzy teases. Pippa shoots Jazzy a glare. 

"Sensitive topic," she laughs.

"And you're gorgeous and sweet, not to mention that fact that you aren't even thirty yet, so I have no doubt that you'll find one," Vanessa assures her friend. 

"Well, everyone is tired, and I want some quality time with my wife, who just flew in from America just to tell my about a baby-child that's growing inside of her, so let's get our butts back to the hotel," Lin says.

Everyone claps, and Lin bows, then they all stand up and head outside. They head across the river that divides the city, over to the Sacher hotel, where they are staying. 

"Pippa?" Jazzy asks.

"Yeah?"

"I'm craving chocolate really bad. Can we get some torte in the cafe before bed?" Their hotel is the home of what is apparently a "world-famous" Sacher torte, so of course, Pippa has to agree. 

"I'm tired though. Let's do this quickly." The dessert rush time of the cafe is long past, and there is only one couple sitting at a table. It is otherwise a vacant space. They order their cakes, and Pippa puts her head down on the table while they wait. 

"This tour is exhausting," she states.

"Didn't you know that when you got into it?" Jazzy asks. 

"I mean, I did, but I don't think I'm fully recovered from the time difference, yet."

"Pippa, they're six hours behind us. It's only dinner time in America," Jazzy tells her. "Plus, we have been here a week already."

"Okay, well then, I'm just plain exhausted," Pippa chuckles. "Please don't let me fall asleep." Thankfully, the waiter brings out their cakes soon, so Pippa can gain some energy from the sugar rush. After they're done eating, Pippa energetically jumps out of the booth. 

"Bedtime," Jazzy says, yawning. 

"But I'm awake now," Pippa whines. Jazzy rolls her eyes. 

"Pippa, fifteen minutes ago, you were almost asleep on the table. Come on, you're on a sugar high. It'll be over soon," Jazzy says, grabbing Pippa's hand and dragging her back to their hotel room.

Once they are back, Pippa jumps onto her bed, and starts bouncing. 

"You are an actual five-year-old," Jazzy says, as she grabs her pajamas out of her suitcase. "I'm going to the bathroom. Please calm yourself by the time that I come back out." Pippa laughs, and stops jumping. 

Since she's in comfy clothes from the theater, she snuggles down under her blankets without even changing into pajamas, and then, Jazzy comes back out, so the girls turn out their light.
"What an awesome day," Jazzy thinks to herself, as she falls asleep smiling.