Chapter 106

Lin and Vanessa hear a knock on their door at 6:30 on the dot.

"Seb? How about you go answer that? I think it's a surprise for you," Vanessa tells him.

"Really?" the little boy asks, wide eyed.

"Maybe," Vanessa says, smiling.

Sebastian runs towards the door and reaches up to grab the handle. When he sees who is on the other side, he screams.

"Renee!" he exclaims, hugging her leg. Renee laughs.

"Hey Seb!" she exclaims picking up the boy.

"Thank you so much for doing this, again, Renee," Vanessa says, giving her friend a smile.

"Really, it's not a problem. You two need a night out, I can tell."

Vanessa laughs. "Lin, honey, come on."

She takes Sebastian from Renee and looks at him.

"Sebby, Mommy and Daddy are going to go out for a bit tonight, but we are going to leave you to play with Renee, alright?"

"Okay Mommy!" Sebastian exclaims. "Yay, I get to play with Nee!"

Vanessa laughs. "Yep, you do. Have fun, alright Seb?"

"Okay!" he exclaims.

"Lin!" Vanessa calls. "I'm ready to leave without you!"

"I'll be there in just a minute, save my plate!" he calls.

"ALEXANDER!" Renee yells. "TAKE A BREAK!"

"I swear Lin, stop primping your hair," Vanessa mutters under her breath.

Finally Lin runs out. He thanks Renee, kisses Sebastian goodnight, and then, they are off.

Renee reads over a note that Vanessa has given her regarding Sebastian's bedtime, and such, and then sets it down on a coffee table.

"So, Sebby, what's up? How have you been? It's been so long since I've seen you!" Renee says.

"I'm sad!" Sebastian answers, in a strangely perky tone of voice.

"Oh, Sebster, why's that?" Renee asks, sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Because Mommy and Daddy love the new baby that I haven't even seen yet more than me! I don't even think it's real, because they keep talking about it, but I never see it!" he whines.

"Oh, Seb," Renee sighs. "Your mommy and daddy still love you very much."

"I don't think so!"

"Seb, do you know what it means to be stressed?"

Sebastian shakes his head "no."

"It means that you're worried and scared. I think that your parents are just a little bit stressed about the new baby. It doesn't mean that they love you any less, it just means that they also love a new baby."

"But don't they only have a certain amount of love, and the stupid baby is taking it away!" Sebastian protests.

"Seb, that's the funny thing about love. It's limitless. When they found out about the new baby, it didn't take any away from you, they just grew more love. It's like apples. When you eat all of the apples, you just grow more," Renee tries to explain. It's hard to explain one of the most complicated things in the world to a little boy, though.

"Really?" Sebastian asks.

"Really," Renee assures him. "So, Sebby, what do you want to do tonight?" she asks after a moment.

"Can we have ice cream?" he asks.

"Do you want to walk to Sweet Frog?" Renee asks. There is one down the block, and Vanessa had said that they could go there as long as Sebastian didn't have too much sugar.

"Yeah!" he cheers.

"Alright. Let's get our shoes on, and we can go, how does that sound?"

"Yummy!" Sebastian replies, hopping off of the couch. "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!" he sings.

Renee helps him velcro his shoes on, and then slips on her own ballet flats, before holding his hand and walking out onto the crowded New York City street.

As soon as they get there, Renee feels the child break away from her hand, but it happens so fast that she can't register it quickly enough to stop him.

"GROFF!" the child screams, running up and hugging a man's leg.

"Sebster!" the man replies turning around and giving the little boy a hug.

"Groff! Oh, thank God it's you!" Renee exclaims. "Seb, don't run away from me like that."

"Are you babysitting for the night?" Groff asks, with a smirk.

"Yeah," Renee replies.

"Good, so I can feed the kid all of the sugar that I want and you will be the one that gets in trouble?"

"Jonathan Groff, I swear, if you do that, then you will be in SO MUCH trouble!" Renee says, trying to contain her laughter.

"Okay, okay, I just thought I'd try," Groff smirks.

"Seb, what kind of frozen yogurt do you want?" Renee asks.

"Chocolate and strawberry!" he replies.

"Will do!" Renee says, grabbing a cup and heading over to the wall of yogurt machines. She gets a small bit of both of the frozen yogurts, and lets Sebastian put some whipped cream on it, as well as chocolate chips, then takes him to check out. They sit down with Groff for a few minutes, and he talks to Sebastian, and asks him about the baby, which Sebastian is already seeming to see with more light.

It is a relief to Renee, and she knows that Vanessa and Lin will feel the same way. Vanessa had warned her a while ago that Sebastian was feeling a bit jealous, and Renee is glad to have been of assistance. Well, hopefully.

After a little bit, it is time to take Sebastian home and get him to bed. Renee and Groff say goodbye, and then, the two walk back to Lin's apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aww guys i love renee (this was abby's chapter) BUT STILL LIKE UGH