Chapter 179

The number of shows left is so low that it's making Pippa sad. Her time is almost up in Hamilton. It happened before, on Broadway, but somehow, this is even harder than leaving the show. Something about the bond was somehow even more tight than Broadway. Before the tour, Pippa wouldn't have thought it would be possible for friendships to be stronger than the OBC cast.

The show went well, thankfully, there weren't any awful mistakes. The pit sounded amazing, as usual, and there weren't any flubbed entrances, dance moves, or tech cues. Which was good- because Pippa wouldn't have wanted the second tour to see a crappy show.

"Two more Schuyler Sisters after this," Jazzy said to Pippa when they got offstage.

"Shut up, shut up," Pippa laughed. "Don't remind me. Be glad Lana's not around. She would punch you."

"I know, but it's true."

After the show, the second tour cast members came backstage, and they all assembled for the legacy gifts.

Throughout the course of the show, everyone had sort of accumulated a whole set of traditions, mascots, and superstitions. The cast members that were leaving were passing on their things to the new tour cast.

"Alright, I'm going to start," Daveed announced. They were all sitting in a circle. The first tour cast members had a large assortment of objects next to them. He pulled two small objects out of his bag.

"For Miss Lana Carnell, one of the leaders of the second tour, I present my first Lafayette hair tie from our first show in Portland. You can use it for your Angelica stuff or whatever, but I hope you can feel my energy if you ever need it, and just know that I'm passing my faith and crap to you through it, alright?" Daveed said, handing the hair tie to Lana, who was laughing.

"Geez, just what I wanted," Lana giggled.

"And to Oak, my old friend, I'm going to give you my first pair of socks from Portland, in hopes that you always walk in my amazing footsteps and never smell as bad as these socks do," Daveed continued. "And to Chris Lee, the next Lafayette/Jefferson, I present this purple ring, so that you can be fabulous as Jefferson with it."

Chris took the ring and put it on his finger with a flourish, while Oak just rolled his eyes.

"You're disgusting," Oak commented.

"I'll go next," Anthony offered. "To Jordan Fisher. I have this French pronunciation guide for the ten words you need to speak in French this entire show. It's not like you need it, but here you are. And then, here's a mug with a star etched into it, so you can have two pints of Sam Adams. Maybe you'll even work on having three."

"Wow, that's amazing, thank you, Anthony."

"Pippa, you next."

"To my cousin, Addy, and the two Eliza understudies, I'm giving you these blue bracelets, with the 'the sky's the limit' on them," Pippa said. "Even though I'm sad to leave, I know that this role is in such amazing hands. The sky's the limit for all three of you. I have faith that it will be amazing."

"I have some gifts for the Peggy/Maria actresses, too," Jazzy added. "Pippa and I ordered our gifts together, because they match. These bracelets are yellow, and the word I chose was 'and'. It's a keyword for those characters in many ways, and it can be a key world for you, too. There's always an 'and'. Make it yours."

"And to someone who is like our sister," Pippa continued. "Lana. We've watched you grow up so much over this year. Even though we started off at odds, we love you so much. You're such a strong, talented, passionate person. I know you'll go a long ways. We wish we could be there for your whole journey, and we want you to know that we'll always think about you. So, we have a red bracelet for you. We had a really hard time picking the lyric to go on it, because we didn't want it to be super cliche Angelica. We eventually decided on 'our dearest, Angelica'."

"Thank you for being our sister," Jazzy added. They were all trying not to cry by this point. "Okay, no crying, this has barely started. Our final gift for all the girl cast members is a blue, red, and yellow bracelet. And of course, we've chosen 'work' as the word for this one. I know you'll work hard and keep putting women in the sequel."

After Pippa and Jazzy, then the guy ensemblists who were leaving passed on ties that had Hamilton lyrics on them, along with baseball hats.

Araella gave Samantha Pollino her original 'Yorktown' jacket, and she'd signed her name on the inside. Ariana also passed on her jacket to Kasey, and also gave her a stuffed sloth wearing a mini 'Yorktown' jacket, which the ensemble had named 'Doug'.

The legacy gifts continued with more of the original tour cast.

~~~~~~~~~

guys i'm so sorry i haven't fed you! school is crazy with ap classes and it's just oof and i'm in like four different music ensembles so there's that