Songs

There were many words that could be used to describe Wally's boyfriend. Handsome, acrobat, Prince of Gotham, love of his life, sexiest man in the universe, so on and so forth. And, of course, people always used the word bird to describe him, usually for his carefree attitude and his ability to apparently fly through the air. He also had an amazing voice, smooth to the point that Wally could listen to him read a phone book and he'd be 100% invested (a rare accomplishment for a speedster).

Wally preferred the term angel. There was something supernatural about how lovely he was, and his voice could put all the birds on Earth to shame. When he sang, Wally found it very hard to do anything besides sit and stare. Dick usually sang in the privacy of their apartment, in a place where he was alone enough to feel comfortable. Besides, Wally liked having something that was just for him. Like a secret that only the two of them shared. 

It was a quiet afternoon. Dick had been preparing for an recon mission all day, and had finally taken a break to eat something before he left. Wally wasn't going with him this time, for reasons he wouldn't say, but he knew sometimes his impatience could throw off the long sit-and-stare missions. 

Dick had been humming to himself for the past few minutes, a tune that Wally recognized  from over the years as one his mom used to sing. Dick said it always calmed him down and eased him, but Wally also knew that more often than not that he'd end up sobbing by the end of it. As long as it had been since the initial incident, it was never easy to remember dead family. And for Dick especially, whose family had been torn away long before he ever got to truly enjoy them. Wally can recall several nights where Dick had woken up crying because he was struggling to remember his past. To think that he was forgetting his parents, who had tried to give him the world before their untimely deaths, it was almost inconceivable. 

Wally knew Dick had been aggravated lately. The Team was...struggling, to say the least, and he'd been trying to help them, but his advice was ignored. And of course, as team leader, Dick was taking the heat. Bruce was well aware of the Team's stubbornness (especially considering his stubborn son had teamed up with a stubborn speedster, Atlantian, and Superman clone to start it and then convinced several other stubborn heroes to join), and yet he appeared to be ignoring it. 

Wally walked up behind Dick, wrapping his arms around the younger man's waist. Dick was almost done humming, and Wally could see the beginning of tears in his eyes. Well, Wally couldn't blame him. He decided to join in the song, humming the last few notes with Dick. Wally didn't know much of the song, but he did know the last line pretty much by heart. He whispered it softly with Dick, like a oath to swear to the grave. 

"Te voi iubi mereu, Micul meu Robin."

I will always love you, My Little Robin.