Sleeping Beauty

Dick was a prince. He didn't know it, however, nor did he know about the curse placed on him when he was a baby. All he knew was life on the forest, where he lived with three women who had found him when he was young.

Dick had been out collecting walnuts when he ran into Wally. Now, he didn't know his name, but he knew that he was hopelessly in love. This was the face he'd seen in all his dreams. This was the voice he'd heard ever since he was a child. It felt like a dream come true.

He was turning sixteen that day. Flora, Fauna, and Meriwether had promised him a surprise, and he couldn't wait. He suspected they had sent him collecting to get him out of the house, but now he was glad they did. He got to meet Wally.

"I'm home!" Dick called as he set the basket on the table. He could smell cake, and could see the sewing chest still open. "Surprise!" The called, coming down the stairs. He chuckled, kneeling down so they could hug him better.

He was so excited to tell them about the boy he met in the woods when they told him about the secret. They told him about how he was a prince, and how he was going to return to the castle tonight. It felt like Dick's world fell apart right there.

They travelled to the castle that night, Dick wrapped in a cloak. He was in the suit they'd made him, but it felt strange. It didn't feel like something he should be wearing. He wanted to go back to the t-shirt and pants he'd been wearing, not this insufferable thing.

Dick sat at the desk in his new room, looking at himself. He looked miserable, and he was. His life had been one big lie, and when he'd finally found someone he loved, he was taken away from them. He'd also found out his real parents had been killed, and that his Uncle Bruce had taken over.

The fairies left him alone. Dick looked in the mirror again, despising the crown on his head. He didn't feel right with it on. It felt like it screamed imposter. How he wished he could go back to this morning.

A pale green light shone near the fireplace. Dick was transfixed by it, standing up and walking closer. Even if he didn't want to go to it, which wasn't true, his body moved on its own. He followed the light, letting it lead him up stairs. He heard the fairies call to him at the last second, but he didn't care. They'd lied to him for his whole life, why should he trust them now?

Dick was led to an attic, where a spindle stood. The wheel was spinning like crazy, and the needle gleamed. "Touch it." A voice told him. "Touch the spindle." He reached forward, letting his middle finger touch it. Immediately his body went limp, and he lost all consciousness.

The fairies gasped as they reached the attic. "You poor little fools. Did you really think you could beat me? Maleficent, the Mistress of All Evil!" She cackled, towering over them. "Where is Richard?"

"Here's your precious prince!" She whipped her cape up to reveal Dick, strewn on the floor with the treacherous crown laying on the floor a few inches from him. She cackled again, disappearing into the night.

The fairies took Dick to the tallest tower, placing him in the bed and covering him with a blanket. Fauna found a flower and gave it to him, so he could have something to hold in his sleep.

"The King and Queen will be heartbroken when they hear about this." Fauna said softly, wound her eyes with her handkerchief. Flora's eyes sparkled dangerously. "They won't find out. We'll put them all to sleep, until Dick wakes up." She closed the curtains, motioning for the other two to follow her.

They flew throughout the castle, putting everyone to sleep. The air gained a greenish tint as the spell was cast, and it went quiet. The only sound was the sound of breathing. Even the smallest bug went to sleep, staying still.

Flora was putting the throne room to sleep when she heard King Hubert talk about Prince Philip, and how he'd fallen in love with a peasant boy. She had flown over, asking him about the Prince. He repeated what he said, falling asleep. She realized he'd fallen in love with Dick when he was in the forest, and went to find the other fairies.

Wally had found the cottage the boy from earlier lived in, and had entered. He wasn't expecting to be attacked by small people who had ropes. He definitely wasn't expecting to meet a woman with giant horns and a crow. He also wasn't expecting to be dragged to a ruined castle and thrown into the dungeon.

He was sitting in the cell after Maleficent had visit him when three small people came to him. "Who are you?" "There will be time to explain later. Right now you need to focus on escaping. I give you the Sword of Truth and the Shield of Virtue. Now let's go." Wally followed them, eager to get out.

They were attacked by boulders, some steaming hot liquid, and arrows as they escaped. The fairies took care of each, and Wally managed to get onto the other side of the ravine before he started racing towards the castle.

A forest of thorns grew around the castle, in an attempt to block him out. Wally cut the thorns with his sword, pushing through. He had to get to the castle. The boy needed him.

A dragon appeared in front of him. Wally climbed up the cliff, swinging at the dragon as soon as it got close. It knocked the shield away, and Wally was trapped. Flora put some spell on the sword, and he threw it at the dragon.

Once the dragon was dead, he hurried to the castle. He was slightly freaked out by all the people asleep, but he pushed on. Flora had explained about Dick's condition, and was leading him to the tower where Dick slept.

Wally gasped as he saw Dick. He was just as beautiful as Wally remembered. He was almost scared to get close to Dick, not wanting to break the peace and scare him. "You know what you must do, Prince Wallace." Flora nudged him forward.

Wally kneeled down next to the bed. The person he was marrying was right there. First he'd been a peasant boy, now a prince. It was overwhelming to Wally. Nevertheless, he bent down and kissed Dick, hoping it would wake him. Dick deserved to be awake.

Dick's eyes fluttered open, and he smiled. "Wally." "Hey, Dickie. Are you alright?" "Yes. Help me up?" Wally smiled down at him, helping him sit up. "You look amazing." "So do you. I suppose I have a kingdom to introduce myself to." "We'll do it together." "Together forever."