Strip Club 2

It had been three months since the case at the strip club. Dick was getting plenty of stripper jokes from Artemis, despite telling her multiple times he wasn't stripping. Dick was happy just being a bartender. Yeah, he wasn't paid as much, but he stayed faithful to Wally. That was all he wanted.

Wally had been at the club one night, hanging out with Dick as he worked. Dick looked exhausted, which was probably true. It was pretty busy tonight. Besides, crime had been spiking recently, and Dick had been on his toes trying to catch everyone.

"You alright, Dick?" Tom asked. "I'm fine. Just a little tired. It's been busy lately." "Tell me about it." Tom walked off again. "Are you sure you're okay?" Wally asked. "Yeah." "You look really tired." "I can make it through tonight." "I know you can. I'm just worried something's going to happen, and you won't be able to react like normal." "You mean I'll be too tired to save myself." "Yeah."

Dick smiled. "I'll be fine, Wally. But thank you for worrying about me. It's nice to have somebody care." "Is something wrong? Have I been doing something wrong?" "No, everything's fine. I think I've made the team mad. They've been different around me, and not in a good way. I just…I don't know what I did." "Well, I'll always be right here if you need me." "Thanks, Walls." "It's no problem, Dickie."

A loud crash came from the end of the bar. The duo looked over to see a glass broken, with a man standing above it. He started yelling at a young bartender, who just happened to be standing nearby. Tom was quick to come over.

"Is something wrong, sir?" Dick asked, pulling the younger worker behind him. "That drink was too cold! I told you cool, not freezing!" "Sir, unless you have him a specific temperature, he would have to assume. He can't read your mind." "Well, why not?" "He's human, sir, not a psychic."

"Don't get smart with me!" He threw one of the glasses near him at Dick, who ducked and pulled the younger out of the way. The glass shattered over their heads, and Dick felt a shard scratch his neck. That would require a bandage.

Tom grabbed the customer, pulling him away. Dick sighed, looking over the younger. "Are you alright?" He nodded. "Y-Your neck." "It's alright. I'll just need a bandaid. C'mon, let's get you to the break room." Dick led him away, giving Wally a glance as he passed by. Wally nodded, knowing what Dick meant.

Dick sat the bartender down, grabbing his shoulders. "What's your name?" "Lee." "You're going to be alright, Lee. You're not hurt, you're just a little shaken up. You've got to breathe. Never had that happen before?" Lee shook his head. "It happens a few times. It didn't happen too often, though, so I wouldn't worry about it."

Tom came in, sighing when he saw the two bartenders. "You boys alright?" "Lee's just a little shaken up, and I need a band-aid, but that's it. We're fine." "By the way, your boyfriend wanted me to check up on you." "Tell him I'm fine, and that it's just a scratch." "Will do."

Dick sat in another chair, setting his head down on the table. The break room was smaller, but it was quiet. The walls were extremely thick, to keep…unwelcome sounds out. It was slightly dim, but it was always warm and stocked with food.

"Has this happened to you before?" Lee asked. "A couple times. Tom always takes care of them. How you doing?" "Better." "This room is always really good when you need a mental break. I learned that quickly. I usually come in here after dealing with a Karen or a Kyle. It helps me calm down." Dick sighed, closing his eyes.

Tom came back in. "Got my bandage?" "Yep. And a very worried boyfriend right outside the door." "Of course he is." Dick chuckled, hearing Tom open the band-aid package. Dick clenched his fists as Tom cleaned the wound, sighing when the band-aid was put on.

Wally was pacing outside the door when Dick stepped out, making the acrobat smile. "Hey, Walls. I'm alright." Wally looked up, pulling Dick into a hug. "You're sure?" "It was just a scratch. I'm sure." "Okay." Wally sighed, closing his eyes. "I'll make you a deal. I'll finish my shift, but I'll take tomorrow off." "Really?" "Really. I love you, Wally." "I love you too, Dick."