Depression

Dick woke up in his bed, feeling horrible. It was a feeling he was used to. He was too tired to get out of bed, but he wasn't tired enough to go back to sleep. Maybe he would grab some food. That sounded like too much work.

Dick sighed, rolling over and facing Wally. His boyfriend was still asleep, snoring softly. Wally…didn't exactly know that Dick had depression. He always hid his antidepressants, and put on a smile around Wally. He didn't want Wally to feel burdened by him.

Dick sighed again, closing his eyes. Maybe, if he really tried, this would all just be one big dream. He would wake up and wouldn't feel this empty hole in his chest. He'd actually want to do stuff, and actually want to smile. He'd want to be alive.

The alarm was what broke the silence. Wally yawned, sitting up and stretching. Dick just stayed where he was, not caring about that stupid alarm. He just wanted to stay in bed and never leave. Sure, he wouldn't get to see Wally as much, but he was too tired to keep going everywhere every day.

"Time to get up, Dickie." Wally kissed Dick's forehead, pulling the blanket down. Dick groaned, but sat up. Even that felt like it took too much energy. He'd feel better once he had his antidepressants.

Wally chuckled, picking the acrobat up and carrying him to the kitchen. He briefly worried about getting his meds, considering they were in his night stand. He decided to play it off and go with Wally for now. He'd get them when the speedster was busy.

The more Dick thought about doing it, the less he wanted to. Sure, he probably needed that medicine to keep from getting bad enough to kill himself, but it was just so exhausting. Maybe he'd go back to sleep. Wally should just be home today, so he could climb back into bed, or snuggle up with the redhead.

"Hungry?" Wally asked, setting Dick on the couch. "Not really." "Oh! I took you before you could get your meds! I'm stupid. Hang on, I'll get them for you." Wally slapped his forehead, heading towards their room. Dick paled, wondering how in the world Wally knew when he hadn't told him.

Wally came back with the pills, handing them to Dick with a glass of water. "H-How did you know?" "Leslie told me. You never told her to keep it a secret, so she told me. I've been keeping an eye on you." "I…" Dick bit his lip. "Dick, it's okay. Dinah explained some things to me. I understand." Wally grabbed Dick's hands.

"You weren't supposed to know."  "Dinah said you'd feel like you were going to be a burden if you told me, so you didn't tell me. She also said it would be hard for you to get the willpower up to do certain things, and that I needed to keep an eye on that. I don't know how you've dealt with it for so long, but I know you can get through this. I'm be with you every second."

"Are you sure?" Dick looked up at Wally. "I am. You have always been there for me. We made an agreement, when we put these rings on and said those vows. We promised we'd be there for each other, in life and death, in sickness and health. You're sick, which means I'm not leaving you to deal with this alone. Until you're better, you're stuck with me." Wally smiled, placing soft kisses all over Dick's face.

Dick buried his head in Wally's shoulder, holding him close. "I love you." He whispered, hands bunching Wally's shirt up. "I love you too, Dick. Remember this, no matter what: I love you to the end of the line. Nothing will make me stop loving you. You have never been a burden. You never will be. I love you so much, I'd give everything up in the blink of an eye if it meant you'd be happy. Whatever happens, I'm right there with you. To the end of the line?" "To the end of the line."