Darkest Night

The night Dick died was one of the hardest for Wally. They'd been protecting a shuttle to Mars when Kaldur had stabbed Dick. Artemis had been there, and had tried to stop it, but it had been too late.

Now there was a new villain in the Light's game. His name was Siren, an elusive villain who was rarely heard. He didn't talk much, but was very skilled. He wore a blue scaled mask that covered the top half of his face, but left his red hair out in the open. His suit started out a similar shade to Nightwing's symbol, but got darker the father it went down. He had two swords strapped to his back, and a whole other arsenal of weapons. A small yellow stone rested around his neck, contrasting against the blues.

The first time Wally encountered Siren was on a mission to infiltrate the Reach's ship and free kidnapped kids. Siren had fought until they were in a separate room, and closed the door. Wally was prepared to fight until Siren held out a flashdrive. "What?" "Take it. Make a cover story."

Wally grabbed it and slipped it into his wrist compartment. "Thanks, I guess?" "Knock me out. I need to make it look real." "But why?" "Trust me. Do it for Dick." Wally's eyes widened. "How do you-" "I know a lot of things. I've explained everything on the flash drive. Now knock me out and go."

Wall did so, lowering Siren to the ground. It struck him as strange. The way Siren acted, it was familiar. But Wally couldn't focus on that right now. He got the drive to Batman, who got information on the Reach he never would have imagined. As well as information on Siren.

He didn't share anything with Wally. Something about a mission Dick had been on. The only thing they were told was what the Reach was looking for.

The next time Wally met Siren was when he and the team had gotten captured. They were in cells, wrists in chains. Guards were standing watch at the door, and their weapons were in a pile near one guard.

Siren walked in, surveying the team. He came to Wally's cell and frowned. "Open it." The guards looked at each other. "We were given orders not to open them." Siren turned around quickly. "And I gave you another order. When I give an order, I expect it to be listen to immediately. Now open the door." The guard paled, and moved to open Wally's cell.

Wally pressed back as Siren knelt down. Siren grabbed his chin with surprising gentleness and turned his head. "I believe I said I wanted them here unharmed, if you were going to kidnap them. That's why you were supposed to put a sedative in the air vents." Siren said in his cool voice. It sounded as if he didn't care.

Wally had a small scratch on his neck, still bleeding. "Sir, it wasn't working on him." "Did you follow the formula I gave you?" "W-we tried to tell the Reach leader, but he wouldn't listen." The guard stuttered. "Then I will deal with him. Patch to scrape up, then lock the door. Don't let them out." Siren stood and turned around, his swords gleaming against his back.

The guards took care of Wally's injury before locking the door and standing guard again. "Am I the only one who found that weird? Why would a guy fighting against us want us uninjured?" Robin asked. "He was surprisingly gentle, too. I barely felt his grip." Wally said. "He is really strange. He kinda looks like you, KF." Artemis said.

"Come to think of it, he does. But his eyes are blue. They look like Dick's." Wally was saddened at the thought. It still hurt to think of Dick being gone. It had been almost two months, and Wally still wanted him back.

Half an hour later, the door opened, and the guards were knocked out. The team was ready for anything, some of the members getting on their knees. Batgirl snuck in, sighing at the sight of the team. "Is everyone ok?" "Yeah. How did you know we were here?" "Got an anonymous message with coordinates. It was just signed by 'an old friend'. Let's get out of here before we get found out." "Too late."

Batgirl backed up to see Siren walk into the room. His blue eyes bore into them, betraying no emotion. "You left a vent grate open. Besides, you don't know the code, and if you tried to hack it alarms would go off. You need to get those kids out, don't you?" Siren walked past her, typing in a code.

"Why would you help us?" Miss Martian asked. "You don't think I'd be inhumane enough to want them to go through the process, do you? It is known to be a painful one, and there's no guarantee they survive. The best way to help you get them out is make them think I'm with them. Now get out of here."

"What about you?" Conner asked. "Currently, I'm checking on injured soldiers. Two sectors down. How am I supposed to prevent a breakout I wasn't anywhere near?" The team was impressed. "Smart guy." "Thanks. Wait about five minutes, then go." Siren dragged the soldiers into the cells and closed it.

Siren left after that. "I think that clears a few things up." "Yeah. I'm surprised by his skill. He acted like he didn't have any emotion, but there was a mess of them coming through." "Maybe he was the old friend. I wonder how he knows us." Wally said.

Once they got out, the last time Wally saw Siren was at a meeting between the Light and the Reach. Siren had a mask on underneath his usual mask, stating he didn't let anyone know his identity. They had reluctantly let him wear it, only because no one knew his true identity. It wouldn't benefit them to have his second mask off.

In the end, Ra's ripped the yellow stone off to reveal Nightwing. Wally had gasped, his mind racing to realize that Dick was alive. He ran down, knocking the people around Dick away from him. "I don't know if I should kiss you, or kill you for putting me through that." "How about you decide later, when we're alone?" Dick cheekily grinned back. The little devil.

After the fight, Wally pulled Dick into his arms and kissed the lips he missed. "You're not leaving my side for a week. And don't ever do that again." "I know. Just so long as you're not being an idiot." "You've got yourself a deal."