He's mine

Wally looked over at Dick, who was asleep. He'd gotten a call from the hospital, telling him there had been a home invasion, and Dick had been hurt. Wally could see the white bandages on Dick's forehead, from where they'd thrown him onto the table. He hit the corner, and was lucky to be alive at all.

There seemed to be a million wires on his body. A tube went down his throat, and he was covered in bandages. Whoever did this didn't want any witnesses left. That, or they loved torturing Dick, then calling 911 and indirectly telling them about the break in they caused.

Wally sighed and leaned closer. "Dickie? Can you hear me, babe? I love you. Please come back to me. I can't lose you." Dick didn't answer. He never did. The three days he'd been there, he didn't answer. Didn't respond. The doctors said the head injury might have caused Dick to lose memories, so he might not even remember Wally. Wally hoped that wasn't the case.

The lights turned off. Wally looked up, worried. The lights only ever got turned when it was night time. It was the middle of the day. Power outage? Not likely, Dick's monitors were still going. Did a nurse accidentally flip a breaker? Then why didn't the monitors turn off? It didn't make sense.

The door crashed in on itself. Wally quickly stood in front of Dick, a surge of protectiveness rushing through him. No one was hurting Dick. Not again. Dick might already have forgotten Wally, he wasn't going to let him die.

Three men rushed in, all dressed in black. "Wallace West, move away from the target." The leader said, aiming his gun. "Make me. You creeps already put him in this state. Now what? You kill him? Throw his body in a ditch until it's found? Not happening." Wally stepped closer to Dick.

The other two raised their guns. "It is not a request. You have ten seconds. Or we open fire." Wally stood still, the glare in his eyes full of hate, rage, and worry. He wasn't going down without a fight.

The men fired. Three bullets entered Wally's body, all three in the chest. He crumpled to his knees, but still stared at the men. One stepped forward. "You stay away from him." Wally growled, his anger giving him the strength to push through the pain.

The leader hit him with the butt of his gun, making him fall farther. Wally could only watch helplessly as he came closer to Dick, unable to do anything about it. He put his gun to Dick's head, and right as he fired-

Wally woke up.

Wally was gasping, tears rolling down his cheeks. He was…alright? Wait, what about Dick? Wally looked around him worriedly until his eyes found Dick, sleeping without a care in the world. No bandages, no monitors, nothing that said he was hurt.

Wally sighed and laid down, wrapping his arms around Dick's body and pulling him close. Dick woke up when Wally nuzzled into his hair, feeling a wetness. "Wally? You ok?" Dick turned around.

"Just a nightmare. I'm ok." Wally smiled, although Dick could see something behind it. Something that told him Wally wasn't alright, this nightmare had been bad. "Talk to me about it. You can tell me anything." Dick cupped Wally's face, wiping some of the tears away.

"You were in the hospital. You'd been there three days when a group of men attacked. They killed you. I'm scared of losing you, and the nightmare just seemed to hit home." Wally sniffed, wrapping his arms tighter around Dick's waist.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm ok, you don't have to worry. Look, I'm fine. Nothing will separate us. Never ever again." Dick promised, kissing Wally. "You're mine, right?" Dick smiled. "I'm all yours. Now until the afterlife. And even then, I will always love you. I promise."