Abuse and Love

Warnings: there are mentions of abuse and smut in this. If either make you uncomfortable, don't read.

Wally didn't like Dick's new boyfriend. Sure, he and Dick had never dated, and Dick was free to go about his love life as he chose, but there was something off about him. Wally didn't feel right whenever he came around. He didn't like the look in his eyes.

Dick had met Samuel in the park, and something had made Dick fall. Wally was 99% sure this guy was a psychopath. He was always strangely possessive of Dick, sometimes forcing him to leave events he loved. Dick was showing up with more bruises than normal, but claimed it was from patrol. Wally knew when to recognize abuse, and this was ringing all the bells.

Wally knocked on the door of Dick's apartment, worried for the younger. It took way too long for Dick to open the door, and when he did Wally had to make sure he wasn't seeing things. There was no way everything came from patrol.

"Hey, Dickie. Mind if I come in?" Wally asked sheepishly. "Yeah. Sorry about the mess, I've been a little busy lately." Dick yawned, stepping aside. Wally noticed with a flare of anger that Dick was limping.

"It's fine. Mine is probably worse." Wally scanned through the rooms. There were pizza boxes, take out boxes, and clothes all around. Wally swore he saw the neck of a beer bottle under one of those clothes piles. "So, how's Samuel?"

Dick looked away. "He's alright. A little possessive, but not bad." "Uh-huh. And that limp has nothing to do with him." Wally raised an eyebrow. Dick sat on the couch, but didn't answer. "I knew it. He's hitting you, isn't he?" Dick didn't answer again.

Wally sat next to him. "Why didn't you tell anyone? Tell me? You know I've been through this stuff, I can help you." "He's threatening you. All of you. If I don't stay with him, he's vowed to kill everyone I love." "He's dealing with superheroes. I think we can handle him." "You don't know him. He's stronger than you think. I hacked into his computer, and he's in one of the deepest levels of the dark web I've ever seen. This guy can hire any hitman without it costing him a penny. It's not him I'm worried about. It's who he might send." Dick admitted.

Wally put an arm around Dick and gently pulled him close. Dick was trembling, scared he'd ruined everything. "It's alright. I won't let anyone hurt you again." Wally whispered, eyes closing because of how close they were. Ever since that first day, Wally had been falling for the acrobat, and loved when they got close.

After a few minutes, Dick pulled back. "I need to clean up a little." "I'll clean up. You're limping, and in no shape to clean. Besides, I can do it faster." Dick bit his lip, but nodded.

Wally ran around the house, discarding of the trash. He kept a mental tab on how many beers this guy drank, finding enough for two cases. This guy had to be an alcoholic, with the amount of beer he drank.

Dick smiled at Wally. "Thanks, Walls." "It's no problem, Dickie. I want to check that leg out, though." "I think it's a really bad bruise. The bone seems fine, it's the muscles that hurt." Dick said, attempting to stand. His leg gave out on him, and the only thing that kept him from hitting his head on the table was Wally.

Wally picked the ebony up, carrying him towards his bedroom. That room seemed pretty clean, considering Wally hadn't touched it. "Has Samuel ever been in here?" "He's been to the apartment, but I've never allowed him in my room. It's the one place I could get away from him." Dick told Wally as he was set down.

Wally winced at the injury on Dick's thigh. It was a dark purple, and Wally could tell just by looking at it that Dick was hurting. "Stay there. I'm going to get some ice." Wally said, standing up. Based on the colors, he could guess that the bruise happened either yesterday, or earlier today.