A King and his servant

Wally and Dick had been on a hunting trip for the past three hours, getting food for the kitchen staff. Dick was slumped over on Kao, half asleep. Wally couldn't blame him. Dick had been having trouble sleeping recently, and he was finding it harder to do chores by himself. Another servant usually had to help Dick, lest he start collapsing again.

Kao was following Agro, whinnying softly. Wally was looking around the path, making sure no one attacked them. Having three deer made them valuable for traveling thieves, and Dick was clearly in no shape to fight. Wally had been giving him sword fighting lessons, and he'd been excelling at them.

"Dickie? You awake back there, babe?" Wally asked. "Hmm?" "Are you awake?" "I think so." "Are you sure you don't need to stop? I can take care of us." "We're only a few minutes away from Carulia. I can make it." Dick's words were slurred with exhaustion. "Agatha's hut is just up ahead." "I'll be fine, I promise."

Dick clearly was not fine. Wally pull Agro back until he was side by side with Dick. "At least give me the reigns, so Kao doesn't get spooked by something and run off." Dick complied, watching as Wally attached the reigns to the back of his saddle.

Dick ran his fingers through Kao's mane, wanting nothing more than to lay down on the horse and sleep. He just wanted to sleep again. The nightmares had been returning, and Dick found it hard to sleep at all anymore. All he wanted was a soft bed, a warm blanket, Wally, and a dreamless sleep.

At the stables, Wally helped Dick slide off, supporting him once he was off Kao. A few other servants had come to meet them, knowing Dick wasn't doing well. They took the deer inside, all asking if Dick was alright. He nodded, saying he was just tired.

Wally carried Dick through the castle, holding onto the younger tightly. "You awake?" "Mhmm." "Just a little bit longer, and you'll be in bed." "Aren't I supposed to be taking care of you?" "Not when you're exhausted, you're aren't. You need rest too. I'll take care of you when you need me, like you always have."

Wally set Dick on the bed, fetching night clothes for him. Dick was watching through half-lidded eyes, feeling the urge to just lay down and sleep forever. Wally helped him change before tucking him into bed, kissing his forehead. He just wanted Dick to be okay.

Wally woke in the middle of the night to an empty bed. He panicked for a second, until he heard shuffling by the window. Dick was unable to sleep again. Wally wished he could do more.

"Dick? You alright?" Wally asked, looking over towards said ebony. Dick was looking out the window, transfixed on something. "Dick? Can you hear me?" He asked again, getting scared when Dick didn't answer.

Wally walked over to Dick, putting a hand on his shoulder. Dick didn't move, staring off into the horizon. "Dick, come back to bed. You need to rest." Dick ignored him, eyes glazed over. "Dick? Answer me, Dick. You're scaring me."

Once again, Dick remained still. Wally cupped Dick's face, sitting in front of him. "Dick, please. Look at me. Dick!" Dick shook his head, holding it in pain. "Dick, can you hear me?" "Wally? Why does me head hurt?" "You were sitting here, staring into the horizon, and wouldn't answer. You just snapped out of whatever state you were in. Are you alright?"

"I...I don't know. I'm sleeping one minute, then the next I can hear something. Something was calling for me. I don't know what, but something was. It wants me to go East." "Okay. Give me two days to get everything ready, then we'll go."

Dick blinked at him. "Really?" "Really. If something is calling you, then I'm going with you, and we're finding out what's calling you." Wally smiled, leaning closer and kissing Dick. Dick pressed into Wally, thankfully kissing back. "You have no idea what that means to me." "I think I have an idea."