Strip club

The team had a new mission. Well, the older members did. They were to infiltrate a strip club, where many clients had been turning up dead. The League was busy with the Light, and was unable to take this mission, which would've been the other option.

"It's a shame Dick couldn't come. He'd probably fit right in." Artemis joked, elbowing Wally in the side. "Eh. I'd rather not have sixty something men staring at my boyfriend's body. Besides, he's at work." "What is his job?" "That's for me to know, and you to find out." "Ooh, does the birdie strip?" "Nope."

"I do not understand why people come here. It is uncomfortable." Kaldur shuddered. "A lot of people are just looking for a one night stand. It's pretty common." Wally shrugged. "I still do not like it." "Well, the bar faces away from the stage." "Alcohol is not much better." "I know, but it's still better. You're just a fish out of water here." "I'd rather not be here at all."

Wally sat with Kaldur at the bar. "Hey, Walls. What're you two doing here?" Dick asked, cleaning a cup. "Mission. Kaldur doesn't feel comfortable here." "Not surprised. I didn't really take you as someone who'd like the club." "What are you doing here?" "I bartend here. It was the only club hiring when I was looking for a job, so I took it."

Artemis walked over. "Well, hey Dickie. Didn't expect to see you here." "I'm at work." "I'm surprised you're not doing something else." "I don't strip, if that's what you're asking. I think some of the others are glad." "Why?" M'gann asked. "I would steal the show. I have that affect." Dick smirked, leaning against the counter.

"Yo, Dick, boss is coming soon." One of the bodyguards came over. "Thanks, Tom." "Friend?" "He's one of the bodyguards. They're pretty protective of the staff, especially when the boss comes around." "How come?" "People have a tendency to go a little crazy when he's around, and have tried to attack us before. Tom usually hangs around the bar, since drunk people can be a problem. We talk on slow nights." "That's a thing here?" "Like you wouldn't believe. So, can I get you anything?"

"Well, it'll wear off quickly on me, so surprise me." "Sure thing." Dick turned around, reaching for a bottle. "Well, I guess I know now." "Yep. But don't tell anyone. If news gets out, people will go crazy." "Does he not go by his name?" "Nah. Uses West instead of you know what. Keeps the press down." "Interesting."

"Well, you've gotta do what it takes to have a little peace and quiet." Dick said, setting the drink in front of Wally. "You work here. If anyone was to try and kill someone, who would it be?" Artemis asked. "I don't know if anyone that would willingly kill, but I don't usually talk with the strippers. The bodyguards might, but that would only be if they were protecting someone from an angry client. None of the bartenders could do it, unless they poisoned the victims."

"There wasn't any poison in their systems. Just stab wounds." "Bodyguards don't carry knives. Neither do the strippers, and all the knives have to stay back here. They do a count every night, and there's trackers in each hilt." "So the workers are eliminated." "Pretty much. Someone could've snuck a knife in, but it's difficult. Bags are checked for dangerous items before we can come in."

Dick looked behind Wally, then looked at him. "My boss is here. I'd better get back to work. Hope you guys find something." "Try not to get killed." "I'll do my best." Dick went somewhere else, and Wally sighed. "What's up with you?" "He's just so beautiful." "Get a room."